The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WS-23 vs. Koolada

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by PJReid, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Okay, DIYers - have any of you tried subbing WS-23 for Koolada in your recipes? I ordered a bottle of 30% WS-23 in my last DIY flavor order. I read that a 30% solution was 1.5 times stronger than a 10% Koolada solution. Since WS-23 is not as strong as Koolada, again, according to the internet, I am not sure about that. I made a batch of my favorite and subbed the WS-23 at .75% instead of the 1% Koolada I usually put in. To be honest, I can't tell much difference.

I am interested in the experiences of others.

2. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am getting a bit more throat hit with this mix and I don't know if that is the WS-23 or the fact that I made a new coil (different from my usual) and am vaping at a lower wattage than normal as the coil is .34ohms. I have gotten used to .14 or so at a higher wattage. A more fair trial would be apples to apples but am still curious how others are finding WS-23 vs. Koolada. Thanks!

3. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Great question @PJReid!:thumb:
    What little I can find about it... it is not so much about being "colder;" as it is having less interference(?)(muting, dulling, masking, and/or adding "flavor" of its own) than menthol or koolada. It also appears to have a sharper (shorter?) curve from "detectable" to "extreme" (0.5% to 3.0% appears(?) to be min/max(brain-freeze) range).
    I have yet to venture trying it; so I eagerly await hearing from those that have.:D
    :pop:

As a side note: I would agree that changing hardware, or using unknown recipes, is not a fair way to evaluate any new product. I would suggest going back to a tried-and-true "known" set-up and recipe, in order to give fair evaluation to the WS-23. Just my :2c: :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Thank you for the reply. I put the juice I made with the WS-23 in a tank I use regularly and would say it is quite nice. It would be hard to say there is a great deal of difference. It is just a bit cooler on the inhale - nice. I might try the recipe without any menthol and just the WS-23 to see what difference that makes. This is my ADV with Creme de Menthe and Whipped Cream so it will be an interesting experiment. If WS-23 doesn't mute, dull, mask, etc. the Creme de Menthe, the extra menthol might be unnecessary.

I am still very interested in the experiences of others.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I made up a batch of my creme de menthe favorite, leaving out extra menthol and increasing the WS-13 to 1%. It is very good but icy at just 1%. I think I like my original recipe, modified from Sgt.Rock's original Creme de Menthe recipe more. For me, the balance is better. I can see why people like WS-13 and would still like to hear from others who have tried it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Oh, maybe 1.5% is too much on the WS-23. I thought I had done 1%. That probably explains the slight brain freeze I am getting with this juice. Icy!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.