Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
you are going online with a limited account, aren't you? but if you have the chance to update it might be safer to some degree ;) let's not forget though even with a supported os people have been not been completely safe.

I don't believe I'm using a limited account. I'm current with updates best I can tell. How right you are about not being protected even with a supported OS.
Just this AM Norton360 had a "burp" and wouldn't update. Set off all sorts of alarms, just glad it doesn't have a siren attached. I don't know whether to blame Norton (very easy after using this proggie for a short time) or XP.....lol Took about half hour fiddling to get Norton working again.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
please, create a limited user account in xp to go online with - no point in leaving the front door wide open ;)
if you don't want to transfer all your settings and files create another admin account and then change the account you are using right now to limited
Think I took a "dense" pill this morning.... Now I hear ya.... appreciate the advice.....

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I have window 7 on my lappy and had that issue with the update. Called ms support and after having me run through a repeat of everything I had tried myself the only solution they could offer was a more in depth trouble shooting. I told them I darn sure wasn't paying $149 to have them fix an issue they caused. Rep denied it was a problem with the update. I had to run fix option then was able to run restore to last known good.

After going through similar incidents, there is no doubt in my mind they do this simply as a money grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread