Xtar vc2 good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The Xtar line of chargers are very well respected, and good quality chargers. I hadn't seen the VC2 model and don't own one, but checking the specifications on the Xtar website I would not hesitate to purchase one. You're also starting out with some good batteries, hopefully bought from a reputable vendor (not fleabay or Amazon) so there's no thought of counterfeits.

Paired with the VTR it sounds like you're off to a good start. I like my VTR although it is heavier than any mod I've used. It's built solid, regulates the voltage / wattage well and pairs well with a very wide selection of toppers.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but Xtar is certainly one of the most often recommended brands (Pila and Nitecore being the other two you'll hear about a lot around here). I have an Xtar WP2 that I've been using for quite some time, now, and have been quite satisfied with it. They do make pretty good chargers for a decent price

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I have a VC2, it's a decent charger. Use at least a 1 amp usb charger to be able to charge at roughly 500mAh per channel/slot. Mine works ok, I've had it roughly three weeks. The charge termination is a little higher than I prefer, mine terminates between 4.18 - 4.21 volts. Still within manufacturer specs, but I like my chargers to terminate just below 4.2 volts. I have a VP2 as well and it's a little better. I have three Nitecore's (2 - D2's / 1- i2) they all terminate below 4.2 volts, which I much prefer. I will say that I'm very .... when it comes to battery maintenance, I check them before and after each charge, and rotate them religiously. That said HKJ on the Candle Power Forum does a nice review on the VC2, it show a nice charge current, and completely stops charging when batteries are finished. The LCD display is nice, and it feels well made. I bought mine for a travel charger, it should do the job nicely. Enjoy the new charger, you should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread