Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They look and function very similarly but the VP4 is more expensive so my question is which one is better? Are there any difference that the VP4 has thats worth the extra money?
My current charger is the xtar VP4 and I am extremely happy with it. I chose it over the Efest LUC V4 because of the larger, more informative display screen. The VP4 can charge two batteries simultaneously at 1 amp speed, but when charging four simultaneously the speed drops down to 0.5 amps default for all four bays. Can charge only IMR li-ion cells.

The VC4 can charge either IMR li-ion or Ni-Mnh batteries. The display screen is tachometer style. Allegedly can help determine your older battery's real capacity - after discharging your batteries to the cut off voltage and recharging in VC4, if "0000mAh"shows 70% of the nominal capacity which means that your battery life is almost to an end.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Allegedly can help determine your older battery's real capacity - after discharging your batteries to the cut off voltage and recharging in VC4, if "0000mAh"shows 70% of the nominal capacity which means that your battery life is almost to an end.

I'm happy with my VC4. The capacity reading will never be entirely accurate because you wouldn't want to discharge your batteries down to 2.5V or so, so I keep a spreadsheet for my batteries. I recorded their capacity at mod cutoff when they were new, and again every two or three months. It's not perfect because I'm not using the same mods I was when I got the VC4, but it gives me a pretty good idea of how my batteries are aging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread