The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

XTAR WP2 Charger issue & solution

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by super_X_drifter, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    I purchased an XTAR WPII charger 3 months ago to charge my 18490 batteries. It has performed flawlessly. Yesterday there were no lights on the charger (typically there are 3 lights lit up).

I fiddled with the switch, plugged it in different outlets - nothing. I also noticed that the light on the plug in adaptor was out. I was about to go into panic mode, with visions of resurrecting my V2 cigs until my new charger arrived...

Then, I searched and found a 12V 500ma adapter in the basement, plugged it in and it works flawlessly again. I still ordered another WP2 and more AW IMR batteries as a backup.

I also note that the adapter that came with the charger was a 1000mh, and I am using a 500mh. I'm guessing it wont be an issue, since the charger is set to charge at .5a? If anyone can advise, it would be appreciated! I am also going to order a couple more adapters from somewhere they are inexpensive since they seem to be the weak link. Any suggestions there would also be appreciated.

I hope this helps someone else go from panic mode to a relaxed state too.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun.

2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    i would say as long as you use the charger in .5A mode it will be ok but if you plan on using the 1A setting make sure you get the 1A wallwart for it or it wont do its job.

but getting some more wallwarts and another charger is smart. i have a 2nd one, used it once to test it and it sits in the box.

3. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    Excellent advice. Thank you Thrasher.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun.

4. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    I got the xstar 6 battery charger love it!!! I have no clue as to amps and adapters and such. Id have to do the same thing your doing ask someone. I have at least 15 various chargers from 16340 to 18650 in single and double Ive gotten with kits. The x6 charger is great only one outlet used for all of your charging needs.

5. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.