The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Xtar WP2 charger issue

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Ryedan, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Had it since about June last year, used it regularly and it never let me down until this morning. It's not a cheap machine, gets great reviews and I thought it would last forever and never give me any trouble. Well, thinking it should have been finished charging I looked over at it a little while ago and saw no lights. Thought that was strange so I checked it out. Not working that I could tell. Tried another electric socket in the room and still nothing. Found my old cheap charger from a LT kit and it lights up when plugged in. Checked the battery with a multimeter and it read 4.1 volts, so it stopped charging just short of full charge.

Just wanted to share the experience. You just never know when this kind of thing can happen, even with great equipment. This failed in a safe way because it stopped charging, so no danger to me. It didn't have to go that way. I very rarely go far from a charging 18650, especially when it's in the house, but I think I'll be even more vigilant now.

2. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.