• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Surprise us. With biscuits and gravy, yes. Mmmm, yum. The best biscuits and gravy I ever had were at some truck stop, that was packed, just south of Huntsville Alabama.
I haven’t volunteered to go someplace it snows have I ????? I gotta learn to read first :facepalm:
No heat on here today. It was in the 80’s, and we left for the boat as the sun was coming up… so not enough coffee. My brain has been in neutral all day

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Oh yeah, Shoes. I really need to learn to stay on-topic in threads.

Yeah, that prolly ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Besides I don't even know what the topic is supposed to be in this thread @the wind gifted to me. But I do appreciate the gift! Thank you. :D

Ok, I've made an executive decision . . . It's an open topic thread.
Within reason and da ECF rulez (don't want dis thread closed). ;)
you already torn off the edges. enjoy:)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I haven’t volunteered to go someplace it snows have I ????? I gotta learn to read first :facepalm:
:lol: :lol: You sound worried or concerned. All depends on when you come. I can send you some snowshoes. Ya know, some people in Wisconsin hate summertime and love the snow and cold. Most of those folks live way up North.

No snow here now, it melted over a month ago. @the wind wanted to play in the snow so he created this virtual winter wonderland.

Y'all have to wait about 7 months for snow - - - give or take, could be early or late, and when it comes we could get a dusting or a foot or more.

No heat on here today. It was in the 80’s, and we left for the boat as the sun was coming up… so not enough coffee. My brain has been in neutral all day

It was a pleasant 55 here today. We usually, normally, don't see 80's until, maybe, late June, by July absolutely 80's and getting warmer. I used to love the hot weather. Now it takes me a while to get used to it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I've got the 45.
Do you still have, and use, a record player?

I do and still use it. Nothing fancy. I do have a lot of LP's. The ones I wore out were replaced with CD's. And these days I have a lot of FLAC's.

When my dad died I was given many of his old jazz LP's. Some of those are really thick vinyl too. He had all the old jazz and big band greats. Coltrane, Ella, Basie, Charlie Parker, Ellington on and on. My dad got me into jazz.

I remember when I was young and learning to play saxophone he would put on some Stan Getz, or whoever, and try to teach me to play what Getz was playing. That was excellent ear training. Helped me a lot.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Sitting here watching a light show, listening to the thunder and the rain...

Waiting for the tornado watch to be dropped.

! WAKE UP from the MEDIA SPELL !

Natures light shows are the best. :)

We haven't had any thunderstorms here yet. They will be coming soon and I can't wait. I love heading outside and watching the lightning and feeling the power of nearby thunder. Also like getting soaked when it pours. That makes me feel like a kid all over again.

I would love to see storms from space. This NASA video has some really cool stuff we don't get to see from the ground. Like TLE's, they look like lightning but not headed towards Earth. Instead they head out towards space. And they can occur at ~90 per minute. Some of the colors of red sprites are totally unreal looking and gorgeous. That's a red sprite below. Very cool looking reds, purples and some deep blues.

In my job I used to get flown all over. I will never forget flying on the edges of storms at night and watching the lightning from above at around 34,000 feet. Lightning would like spark and then spread in all directions from a central point. It was was a treat and my face was always plastered to the window. :D

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@2WhiteWolves, have you heard from Reddhott at all? I was chatting with Dale and mentioned that I was thinking of sending her a PM to see how she's doing. Dale, being Dale (she's a trip), strongly encouraged me to send her one. I did earlier. I hope Redd is doing ok. :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Wow, we made it all the way to page #2. I am impressed. Thank you my fellow contributors. :)

Not sure where this thread is going, I have no maps nor plans, but it's going! Da train has left the station.

And I'm pretty much an open book, so who knows. This thread will likely go in all sorts of directions.

I like improvisation and spontaneity. I flitter flutter here and there. Open road or waterways (for y'all way down South)!
9LMo.gif

If any of you have any kind of thoughts, or whatever, that you would like to share, by all means, share them. Don't be shy. As far as I'm concerned you're among friends here.

164f3cae3babb038870114dc0dd5cff4.jpg

Night all, sleep well, dream big. :wub:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Do you still have, and use, a record player?
I have a record player--bought a new one a few years ago, in fact, to replace my decrepit Radio Shack turntable--but don't use it much anymore. One year, I went through my hundreds and hundreds of records and acquired (don't ask how) digital copies of most of them and then moved 'em all upstairs. They were taking up so very much room. The select few I couldn't I couldn't find in digital form remain downstairs.

I also have a cassette player. It's ancient but it still works.

2WhiteWolves

Oct 25, 2017
Tornado Alley
Natures light shows are the best. :)

We haven't had any thunderstorms here yet. They will be coming soon and I can't wait. I love heading outside and watching the lightning and feeling the power of nearby thunder. Also like getting soaked when it pours. That makes me feel like a kid all over again.

I would love to see storms from space. This NASA video has some really cool stuff we don't get to see from the ground. Like TLE's, they look like lightning but not headed towards Earth. Instead they head out towards space. And they can occur at ~90 per minute. Some of the colors of red sprites are totally unreal looking and gorgeous. That's a red sprite below. Very cool looking reds, purples and some deep blues.

In my job I used to get flown all over. I will never forget flying on the edges of storms at night and watching the lightning from above at around 34,000 feet. Lightning would like spark and then spread in all directions from a central point. It was was a treat and my face was always plastered to the window. :D

Be safe out there while watching the light show. Was at a house standing out on the porch watching it rain. Next thing we knew lightning struck the porch across the street :eek: we felt it. I'd try to describe it, but it was so so so many many many moons ago.

It sure does make you feel like a child again! It's just like going out and making a snow angel...I try do it every year when there's enough snow :)

That would be amazing and very cool to see. I won't ever see it like you did. I don't go onto airplanes.
@2WhiteWolves, have you heard from Reddhott at all? I was chatting with Dale and mentioned that I was thinking of sending her a PM to see how she's doing. Dale, being Dale (she's a trip), strongly encouraged me to send her one. I did earlier. I hope Redd is doing ok. :)
Unfortunately, :( I haven't talked with Red. Good ! Glad you PM'ed her, I hope she kicks one back to you. Please, if she does PM you back, tell her she is missed. 'Cause I sure do miss her, and yes, really hope she is ok.

! WAKE UP from the MEDIA SPELL !

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Wow, we made it all the way to page #2. I am impressed. Thank you my fellow contributors. :)

Not sure where this thread is going, I have no maps nor plans, but it's going! Da train has left the station.

And I'm pretty much an open book, so who knows. This thread will likely go in all sorts of directions.

I like improvisation and spontaneity. I flitter flutter here and there. Open road or waterways (for y'all way down South)!
View attachment 941307

If any of you have any kind of thoughts, or whatever, that you would like to share, by all means, share them. Don't be shy. As far as I'm concerned you're among friends here.

View attachment 941305
Night all, sleep well, dream big. :wub:
Very poignant, but in a lovely way. And so true.

Two nights in a row of flood alerts on the phone. It just dumped gas on my “mean reds”. I need to go run errands, if the rain will give me a break. For the record, don’t mind driving in rain, it’s the flooded streets taking out the electronics in my car I fear.

Hope it’s sunny wherever y’all are, and free of tornadoes where you are @2WhiteWolves. Weather looks like crap to the west where this mess keeps brewing up.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The cat is sitting here intently watching me do a word search puzzle purring at the top of her little lungs. She's like, word search puzzle? I like word searches! Ohhh and scratch out the words once you find them? I can scratch paper with the best!

Hahaha
Apparently mine does “word search” on the toilet paper roll :lol::lol:
At least now I know why she does it :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2WhiteWolves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread