Yet another n00b ... kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

I'd like to start by saying WOW! Been to a lot of forums, but this one is incredibly deep and very well organized. So kudos to the admins for that.

Now, about me ...

I've been vaping for coming on 8 months or so, and have been using various passthroughs, VVs, and others, all of the eGo-type. I top them off with tanks and Boge 3.0 cartos I get from Mom and Pop Vapor Shop (whose juice I LOVE LOVE LOVE!). And while, sure, they do the trick, I've really been looking for something ... more. More throat hit, especially (I smoked analogs for nearly 30 years, with a lot of that time on Marlboro Reds) but without going up in nic level (on 18 mg as of now).

The thing is, I really, really don't wanna drop $100+ on a Lavatube or Provari or similar even though, yes, I've spent that and then some on the batteries I've had that've died on me (probably 6 so far). This hesitation is mostly due to Mrs Moses, who is okay with me vaping but would rather I stop all together. And while I'm just not quite ready to stop just yet (which she gets :) ) I probably will eventually.

In the meantime, however, I'd like to get the most out of the experience.

I've been reading through reviews of various products, and have been thinking about getting a mod of some sort. Again, would like to keep it affordablish (<$50ish) but not sure if someone like Old Goat is still doing his magic, or if someone else would be a good choice.

Anyway, will probably lurk more than post, but thought it good to introduce myself and see if I can get a bit of help along the way. :D

Thanks!

shent1080

Apr 11, 2013
Birmingham
To be honest, you'll probably drop $100 on maybe 2-3 mods in the next 12 months, I've been vaping since jan and what I have learned is this, get something you like, that other people reccomend, and that fits in with your requirements. I have had a 510 auto, ego twist, sigelei 19, and now i'm on a draw tube, total cost £150 so could have got a really nice mech mod for that. For VV I would say Provari is king, stay away from lavatubes or anything with l-ryder on it.

dataoogie

Feb 14, 2012
NYC
Yeah that vamo and itaste MVP is definitely the way to go if your looking to maintain your budget. I have both and they both are great, but the vamo's switch may be faulty sometimes like a second delay or longer or maybe thats just me. But for the prices, i am not that picky cause its great. I got the itaste MVP and then like three of my friends got it, and then their friends got it which started a vaping epidemic lol, good luck!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Have already done some window shopping and really am leaning toward the vamo v2. The MVP is also in the running, but I dunno. The box might be a tad too different for me at this point. But definitely like the features and other reviews of the vamo. (And, um, yeah, the v3 swirly thing Smokachino mentioned? Nothankyouverymuch. :D ).

Will also see if I can find a good RY4 with a bit more PG, including asking my current supplier (thanks, msween00!). I'm a fan of the sweeter RYs -- though not super-sweet, desert-like kind -- and have found that many smell like ... well, like Fritos. :) (From what I gather from a few places, that's a synthetic tobacco flavor thing. Whatever it is, I'm not a fan. At all. Even a little. )

Thanks again to everyone who has (and will have) commented!

Well, I just ordered me a Vamo (v2, 'cause the v3 looks like ... well, like a marital aide :D ) with the Panasonic 18650, 2200mAh batteries (x2) and Intellicharger, as I read somewhere to stay away from anything with the word "fire" in it when it comes to batteries.

Can't wait!

Thanks again to everyone for their help. I have NEVER been to a more helpful board in all my years on the Intratubes. Just ... never. Nothing comes close to the class and assistance found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread