Yet another new member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I started a little while ago on the Blu- but dont like the short battery life or how often I needed a new carto. I just received my new Maxvapor emax. This is much better.

So, I have a couple of questions. I've done some research, however with the vast quantity of different models, I'm not sure exactly what applies to my emax.

So, my first question, my emax came with 2 bottles of juice. The second "free" bottle was a nice gesture, but it is not to my liking. I wish to dump it out. So, what is the best method to clean the tank/atomizer? Just rinse it and let it dry? Or should I just dispose of that atomizer altogether?

I dont intend to rebuild my atomizers. Should I stick with purchases from max vapor, or can I purchase other brands? What would you recommend?

Finally, PG vs VG. My initial research indicated the PG could pose more significant health risks. But I noticed many brands of juice are a blend of the two. I'm not trying to spark a debate on PG vs VG, but I want to know if my Emax will not work as good with a VG blend? Any VG juice suppliers you can recommend?

Thanks for your time! I appreciate all the valuable info here! Its just a bit overwhelming.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
neither PG/VG pose any health risks by themselves. Some will have allergic sensitivity to PG but the PG they use is fine and won't harm you in spite of some of the B.S. you may see or read on the internet.

As far as rebuilding your own atomizers go. At the beginning most just go w/ disposable carto's. The kanger line of pro tanks would be my recommendation to start with.

I personally vape a 80VG 20PG mix just because of personal pref.

As far as the emax goes I'm not familiar with it but it looks like a ego 510 connected variant.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Most people will tell you to let the second bottle steep. Your taste buds will change over the next several months and it may change your mind on that juice as well. Yes, you want to clean your atomizers with hot water. Run them under hot water and blow them out, repeat this 3-4 times and let them air dry, or set them near you computers fan if plausible. A 50/50 pg/vg mix is normal, as is 30/70. You can normally select your desired percentage. PG does cause more allergies than vg, but this is reduced when mixed with VG. 100%VG juices are very thick and can be slower to wick so expect them to take longer before vaping. I don't know any suppliers cuz' I do my own mixing. Someone will come along and let you know. Welcome to ECF!!!

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Hi, and welcome, Drekkyk!

EGO and 510 are two of the most popular threads for e-cigarettes. Many batts actually provide for either one.

A 510 connection has the atomizer as the male part, and the battery as the female part. An EGO connection is the opposite, but the diameter is much larger. So many batts have the smaller 510 connector in the center, and the larger-diameter EGO thread on the outside.

You can leave the tanks full. Cleaning is something usually done once a month or thereabouts.

My personal opinion is that you should definitely check out what FastTech has, if you can wait to get stuff. It takes between 2 weeks to a month (occasionally more) to get stuff from them, but they're very inexpensive. Also, if you look at some of the pictures of the batts that are EGO/510 compatible, it will give you a better idea of how the two thread systems work.

Last edited:
Hello all-I don't mean to hijack a 2 month old thread, but I am a new member (only started vaping a few weeks ago and finally just quit cigs), and I wanted to give some input on the emax battery discussed above. I purchased 2 1300 mAH emax batteries from madvapes.com, and they only lasted a couple hours with a full charge and took about 4-5 hrs to charge. In less then a week, they were lasting an hour or 2 max and never seemed to fully charge. Even if I left them on the charger all night, the red "charging" light would still be lit up on the charger. I switched to a 2600 mAH itaste mvp, and one charge lasts me days. I am not sure if the emax batteries are just crap, or if they sent me a fully used up product that should have gone in the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread