Yet another newbie in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alikat

Apr 19, 2018
Australia
Hi guys, I’m relatively new to vaping, well I’m onto my 4th kit and I now have a vaporesso Revenger X. My first ?mod (is that what they are called?) that hasn’t given me the results I’m looking for automatically.
I’m a big flavour lover. I don’t understand all the options available or how to set it to give flavour hits. I’ve tried the Smart VW mode on soft, norm & high, soft and norm really have me no flavour and high had too much throat hit and made me cough up a lung. I somehow managed to get into the CCW mode & the flavour was intense like I prefer but I couldn’t inhale cause it felt like it was burning my throat.
The quick guide that came with the kit doesn’t really explain the different modes. So I’m here to ask for some help with setting it all up to try and get the flavour hit that im looking for.
I previously was using an istick Pico set at about 30-35w which was 3.92V
Would love to set the revenger I guess with settings that don’t make me cough up a lung & preferably asap.
Thanks everyone for your time :)
Ali

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You get flavor from your tank.. if the tank your using doesn't have the flavor you enjoy, try another tank.

You have experienced exactly what the different modes are intended to do.. flavor is 100% about the tank and coils you use.. the only thing the mod affects is whether it burns your eliquid (too much power for the coil used) or whether it vaporizes it properly (the right amount of power to the coil), and that power level is something you set.

Use power mode, normal hit (not soft nor hard) and start low and work your way up until your vaporizing your eliquid properly and not burning it.. if there still isn't enough flavor change to a different tank.. kit tanks aren't always what they are cracked up to be..

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
If you just can't hit the sweet spot with above advice, it could be the atomizer coil you don't care for, not the tank. Most tanks have different coils that are used a little differently and a different coil may work better for you in same tank. And play with the airflow. A lot.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You should start out in power/wattage mode. Once you feel ready for TC, you can watch a few reviewers demo it, and that should help you get going in TC mode. I'm not entirely sure about all those hard/soft/curves you can make yourself. I made some on a few of my mods that offered power "curves" to the user, but I set it so that my initial hit is kind of a "priming puff" and the rest of it is flat .I probably don't even need to do that.

With that said, yes you may have to play around with coils, airflow and even (possibly) driptip, sometimes going with a narrower bore driptip can kind of change your vaping experience a lot.

I'd stay in power mode until you find yourself a vape you like on that tank (if it's possible for you, depending). I tend toward MTL and the highest I've ever vaped something (since stopping Sub0ming, I got to ECF with a sub0hm setup) is 30 watts. And, I was switching out drip tips and etc. LOL.

So, you may find good flavor in your tank on different settings or with a different coil. If you don't find "joy" so to speak you have a couple options, a "more flavorful tank" like the Crown Uwell (original if you can get it, as it has a 1.2 coil, I believe, so you could try MTL sorta, in that setup) or the Crown 3 (has less options for coils though.

You could try a MTL tank on your current mod, the worst that would happen would be you'd enjoy greatly extended battery life, that is what happens to me with my 2 battery setups. Some good options might include the Innoken Zenith (4 ml, topfill, 1.6 and 0.8 coils, and set up for a more cigarette like draw). It's just a well built, solid MTL tank with good flavor and capacity, and the Nautilus 2, which is a much smaller tank, still topfill but one of the MTL "good old standards." That was my quitting tank when I got here and full disclosure I've moved on but it did get me to "quit" I still use the BVD nautilus coil (just, in other MTL tanks) and it's an inexpensive and really decent tank. My main complaint is the smaller capacity, although quite often one gets the best "flavor" from smaller tanks (there are some exceptions to that).

Best of luck and I welcome :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys, I’m relatively new to vaping, well I’m onto my 4th kit and I now have a Vaporesso Revenger X. My first ?mod (is that what they are called?) that hasn’t given me the results I’m looking for automatically.
I’m a big flavour lover. I don’t understand all the options available or how to set it to give flavour hits. I’ve tried the Smart VW mode on soft, norm & high, soft and norm really have me no flavour and high had too much throat hit and made me cough up a lung. I somehow managed to get into the CCW mode & the flavour was intense like I prefer but I couldn’t inhale cause it felt like it was burning my throat.
The quick guide that came with the kit doesn’t really explain the different modes. So I’m here to ask for some help with setting it all up to try and get the flavour hit that im looking for.
I previously was using an iStick Pico set at about 30-35w which was 3.92V
Would love to set the revenger I guess with settings that don’t make me cough up a lung & preferably asap.
Thanks everyone for your time :)
Ali
Welcome and glad you joined.
"yet the device only comes with two standard Kanthal and cotton setups – both of which rate at 0.15 ohms."
If you are a sub ohm'r and DL vaper, this tank may not be for you.
In General lower ohm coils/higher wattage vaping will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
May be less healthier - higher temps.
May Produce Spit Back
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)
More exposure to carcinogens at high temps
The following philosophy reflects my take:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...re-and-lower-resistance.706656/#post-16692106
Resistance is futile. Ohms are not king. Wattage is. • r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread