Yet another Torch Mod for DSE901 Atomiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Hi guys, this yet another one of those LED torch mods that everyone seems to be doing at the moment. This is based on a torch that costs just £1.99, I used one of the LED's as the button for the switch and the switch is a super-micro switch rated at 3A. I'm using 3 AAA NimH batteries rated at 1000mAh because they are easy to get and so far it's working well.

100_0023.jpg

100_0025.jpg

100_0026.jpg

Bastage

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
Houston, TX
Nice mod Grumpy. If that torch uses the 3xAAA setup, order you a 14500 900mah battery and charger I bet it'll last longer. It's the size of a single AA so it should fit. I'm using the Husky with 18650 (monster battery)! it lasts quite a while. I've had it go 4 days, so I'd expect a 14500 to go at least 1 full day of vaping and easily be recharged.

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
even tho the torch comes apart slightly differently.

I bought myself a magnum kind of flashlight that looked like the one madog used, but unlucky me, there was a little border at the top that stopped the board+LEDs to get out of the top and I had to use jedi power to get it out.

Then, by accident, I have found the same kind of grenade flashlight that you used Grumpy, bought it without thinking since it was pretty cheap, same problem.. can't get the board out.. even worst, only 1 side could be unscrewed unlike the magnum.

How do you remove it without damaging the board.. push on the glass/LEDs until it drop to the bottom ?

Thank you for your time an answers
Doc

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
I bought myself a magnum kind of flashlight that looked like the one madog used, but unlucky me, there was a little border at the top that stopped the board+LEDs to get out of the top and I had to use jedi power to get it out.

Then, by accident, I have found the same kind of grenade flashlight that you used Grumpy, bought it without thinking since it was pretty cheap, same problem.. can't get the board out.. even worst, only 1 side could be unscrewed unlike the magnum.

How do you remove it without damaging the board.. push on the glass/LEDs until it drop to the bottom ?

Thank you for your time an answers
Doc
As shown in Madogs tutorial. He too didn't have a flashlight that could be unscrewed into 3 parts.

He removed it by running a long socket in the case and slamming with force to push the board/led/lens outward.

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
As shown in Madogs tutorial. He too didn't have a flashlight that could be unscrewed into 3 parts.

He removed it by running a long socket in the case and slamming with force to push the board/led/lens outward.

The Madog tutorial video is totally clear.. I know he used a long socket but I can garentie my next pay check that you or madog would not succeed to get it out the same way madog did it.. it look like a clone, its not exactly the same flashlight 100%..

Originally Posted by DocBurN
I bought myself a magnum kind of flashlight that looked like the one madog used, but unlucky me, there was a little border at the top that stopped the board+LEDs to get out of the top (with the socket you are talking about) and I had to use jedi power to get it out.

I got the board out by pushing on the glass+leds in direction of the battery ... and broke the board a little while doing so.. im looking for someone that found a trick or experienced the same kind of problem with their flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread