Yet one more noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverwhiskey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Lohman Missouri
Will any of my bats for which i have a usb charge cable plug into any wall plug usb power adaptor?

That may not be too clear. I have one wall plug with a usb(female) receptical. Can i plug in any of my bats, with matching usb adapter into that wall plug, even though they may be different types and voltages. Agrrr. we'll try that.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You cannot use any AC to USB. I think the AC to USB part should have at least 500mA (aka 1/2 amp) output. Some AC to USB adapters that are not made for charging ecig batteries may not have enough mA

All of my ecig AC to USB adapters that came with battery chargers are 500ma, not 300mA so all I know is 500mA is enough and that is also what USB is specced to provide. Even my dinky M402's AC to USB puts out 500mA, as the is one for my Riva (Ego clone)

One thing you should never do is charge one model's battery in another models charger cable, even if they have the same threading. In some cases you can actually melt or destroy the battery and the charger because a few models use opposite electrical polarity and some put put too much power for a slim battery to handle.

I generally use a Rosewill 4-port 2amp USB to AC and I can charge 4 batteries at once on that. I got mine at NewEgg. I have one at home and one at work. it will hold 4 cable-type battery adapters or 3 of those and one short stubby non-cable adapter in an end slot.

Last edited:

riverwhiskey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Lohman Missouri
Sorry i guess i wasn't clear. i am using an ecig wall plugin with a female adapter for a usb cable. the question is, is that wall plug with the female usb adapter acceptable for the male usb charge cable that comes with all ecigs? assuming that the usb cable is the prober companion for the ecig bat being charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread