Yihi transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Putting the final touches on my dna mod, and none too soon either because my iPV4s is on it's way out. Battery tray broke. Opened her up and have it sort of rigged up temporarily, but this is by no means a solution in the long run.

So I was thinking about making something out of the parts for a back up instead of making a new tray or modifying a newly bought tray. Maybe throw the guts in a milled hammond with a 2s lipo. Sounds like fun, anyway.

I've got 3 questions:

1) Can someone kindly give me the specs such a lipo would need or throw me a link where I could find them?

2) I heard there were problems with the charging board on the 4s but I never heard specifically what they were. Is it suitable for charging a 2s lipo or do I need to get a different one? If I need a different one, can someone point out what I need and where I can find it?

3) If this is a feesable plan, there's no way I'm the first to do it. Anyone got a wiring diagram?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Hobbyking. I wouldn't use anything less than a 25C rated lipo. I would rather have one rated higher and not use it than to come close to its max output. I would just get a balance charger from them for the lipo.
Ive been thinking about doing the same thing with one I have. I think I can get the board and two 18650's in a G-box

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Lol, well so much for getting notifications......thought noone would ever reply, and come to find out they did.......

Yeah, I'm looking at the same thing. I wanted to try to do something without having to carry around an R/C charger, power supply, ect, but it just doesn't look likely. It's really too bad there isn't a micro usb balance charge board laying around that would be suitable for this, but it is what it is. Every solution I thought I found seems to be kind of iffy at best.

I'm also looking at trying to shoehorn everything in to a G box (I've got a spare modcrate laying around). Good luck with your project :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Forgive my ignorance of the device at hand, but is it 2 cell series? If so I had planned on trying something with project but never followed through. There is a USB input balance charger for 2 cells that comes with the WLtoys F949 RC Aircraft. It is available by itself as a replacement part. It is pretty small and the raw board I assume would be small enough for our uses with the case removed. The original batteries it is for are 500mah and the charge time is stated as 40 to 60 minutes so for a 2Ah battery set would take 4 times as long which isn't too horrible. You would have to mod a female USB jack to the board, but that isn't rocket science.

1451882001020415410.jpg

And a 4 cell version which I assume would charge 3 cells, but I have no verification of that.

201504181151129022.jpg

There are other ones out there for other cheap RC planes and quad copters also that the boards could be extracted, but these look pretty small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread