Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
so i'm not stupid and i've been vaping for a while. I know when a carto dies, its dead. I check the center pin when it stops firing and I blow it out when its clogged, I know to fill it up with strong flavored juice when its burnt and power through the first 5-6 drags without enhaling until the burnt taste goes away... But has anyone ever experienced where... it seems clogged, so you blow it out.. you put a unrolled paperclip through the center hole and the juice pours out.. you dry burn it till its totally dry.. you fill it up with some light colored liquid to get it going again... and its still clogged. its still a tight draw and its not producing vapor... So, you put it in a baggy, you mark it "clogged/dead" with the last juice that was in it, the ohm number, and you throw it in the box or drawer... a month later, your out of cartos and waiting for a shipment to come in, and you take it out, and it works. No more clog, plenty of vapor? Has anyone else experienced this? This is why I keep ALL cartos unless they completely stop firing all together. Just incase I lose everything or I get in a tight spot and I'm forced to use the clogged carto collection.

So my main question for those of you that refuse to read long paragraphs(lol):
Anyone ever experience a carto that was stowed away dead or clogged, come back to life when revisited down the road?

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Yep. Happens all the time! lol!

Some of the time...to be honest...I think I "retire" a carto because I'm trying to use it when it's late at night, and I'm tired and cranky and not feeling well. My judgement on the quality of cartomizers is impaired under those circumstances. But sometimes...it just happens. I'm perfectly functional and think one is dead. But upon revisiting it later down the pike...it's fine. Go figure.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Simple answer is no. If any atty or carto appears dead I meter it to double check. Occasionally the meter shows its still alive and it usually means it needs its pin pulled out a bit to make connection and get it working. If the meter shows its dead nothing I do is going to bring it back to life. A clogged carto is going to stay clogged unless I do something to try and clean it. Personally I just toss clogged cartos as they've usually already given me plenty of good lifetime use before clogging up on me.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Even if it dose its not for long and it cant be counted on. OR as stated above if its Showing no continuity its dead. Do the decent thing open the trash can lid and let it join all the used up paper towels. Say a little thank you prayer to the vape gods for letting this cart replenish your nic level and save you from not smoking and let it go, youll soon forget it as you move on to a new one

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
well idk my low res carto came back to life right before I left for the store. I was happy because after it died i was left with 2 3ohm cartos and 1 2ohm carto tank full of gross blueberry soap juice. So I was stuckkkk until I tried my last (clogged) low res again. it worked when I left to go to the store. It worked when i got to the 1st store. I worked when I came out. Worked when I got to the 2nd store. Worked when I got out, but vapor was dwindling, meanwhile, the carto is gurgling... so I knew it wasn't getting dry. So I get home and i'm using it and the vapor was starting to become pretty scarce. i fill it up with 10 drops of my vanilla... low and behold... i take a hit, its gurgling and it tastes like my strawberry ice juice. -___- .... it had vanilla in it when I put it away.. i filled it up with vanilla.. why does it taste like menthol strawberry? low and behold... as i am writing this.. i look over at my side table, and it was menthol strawberry. lol.

anyway.. its gurgling and I just got juice in my mouth. idk why. I think I may be getting bad hits because its a punched carto. I'll try holding 1 of the holes and report back. Ugh I'm an idiot. I totally forgot it was a tank carto lol. But, when I put it away, I put it away because it wouldn't stop tasting like burnt filler. It doesnt taste burnt anymore thank god.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yeahhhhhh that carto ended up flooding on my lavatube and I think thats what broke my lavatube. awesome. Lesson learned! IF YOUR CARTO IS GURGLING AND TASTING BURNT, its not worth breaking your PV trying to figure things out. Put it away. Let it sit for a week. Come back to it and try it on an all mechanical mod. Don't leak juice from a flooded carto into your electronic PV. It'll leak into the 510 connection and possibly break your ish. Not cool. Never again will I play with a under performing carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread