YO!!! Just ordered a Maxi RoughStack V2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hey all. About 1 year ago (October 2010) I started vaping. I researched ECF for over 2 weeks. Was confused as any other new kid on the block. Rivas, eGos, 510s, 801s, 901s, mods, feeders, and so on!! I knew that I didn't want short battery life, but at the time most larger battery mods cost over $100. I also didn't care if my device looked like a real cig. So, the perfect solution / price / battery life was the 3.7v MadVapes RoughStack.

WOW was that a good decision. The thing is built in a way that it really should last forever. It's in my hand hitting as good today as it did 1 year ago. I've only ever needed to clean out the switch a couple times when I leaked a bunch of juice into it early on. Just used alcohol and an ultrasonic cleaner. So, same connector, one of the original batteries (I've ordered two more over the year to have 3 in rotation), same battery connector, and same switch.

Today, I figured to celebrate 1 year analog free (almost 1 year) I'd order the Maxi RoughStack V2. I have no clue why I have waited so long! I've always wanted to use 18650's. Plus I've always wanted to try HV (6v and 7.4v). This sucker does all of that. For $45...I think all of us should probably own one of these :p

Anyways, I can't wait to receive it! Happy vaping all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MadVapes, thanks for AWESOME products at LOW prices!

ice

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've always wanted to use 18650's. Plus I've always wanted to try HV (6v and 7.4v). This sucker does all of that.

It also does 4.8v.

Congratulations on your 1 year and congratulations on your good choice for your next PV. It will serve you well for a long time to come.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
It also does 4.8v.

Congratulations on your 1 year and congratulations on your good choice for your next PV. It will serve you well for a long time to come.

This was the one thing I was missing about the Maxi but you just made my day!! I wanted something in the 4v regime! This is so AWESOME! Thank you!

ice

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
4v is really nothing more than you already been using with your orginal RS. Try 5 or 6 at least!

It's actually a pretty big jump. To put it in perspective: The 4.8v nimh battery right off the charger at 5.6v and drives a 1.6 ohm dual around 4.4 load volts. The nicest 3.7v battery (an AW IMR 18650) I have fully charged will push the same carto at around 3.5 load volts. That's almost a whole volt of actual output lower going from one to the other.

I'm completely sold on the benefits of the ni-mh batts. The drawback is having to carry a spare battery during the day. A 1600 mah IMR 18650 will go all day... The ni-mh batts don't have that kind of capacity and having a full charge and a spare full charge battery when you leave the house is pretty much a requirement. But the benefits include a lot more like: 9/10 volt higher output under load than the 3.7v - And very consistent discharge. They perform very well and very consistently through the whole of their discharge cycle, up until when they are very nearly drained (coincidentally is the fact that IMR batteries are also praised for this ability).

Another drawback is a shorter useful lifecycle than most li-ons and IMRs. The first ones I got six months ago are dead now. And, I think I may only have a couple of weeks left in at least 1 of my four remaining. That one is probably only 4 months old and has been rotated with 5 other batteries, but still got a charge cycle at least once every two days and sometimes more often.

But, I'm OK with that. If I can average 4 to 6 months on each battery, I think I can be perfectly content in the fact I got my money out of them and then some. I really like what they do with standard resistance attys(~2.5 ohms), 2.0 ohm boge cartos with 100%VG juice, and the 1.5 ohm dual coils.

Anyway, I think anyone with a maxi-RS should have a couple of the 4.8v ni-mh batts. - And, it's really nice to have an 18650 and the lifep04 6.0v battery kit along with them. It makes the device very versatile.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I have the whole setup for my maxi and I have old and newer versions of them.Got the lifep04,16340 3.0v for 6v,18350,16340 3.7v for7.4v,18650 for 3.7v.I had the 4.8 nimh batts while they were good just weren't strong enough for me with the DCC's and ended up trading them.Speaking of trading could do this on classifieds and may if get no interests here but really only do the dcc's now and have hardly ever used the 18650 ultrafire 3000mah batt (except with a lr atty rarely) I have, here again not strong enough for me with dcc's also have 4-16340 UF 3.0v batts that work fine with single coils but with the DCC'S triggers protection circuit.So if anyone is interested in trading for those batts PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread