you can blame minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
Yep, mighty cold!! I'm up in Forest Lake. They already closed the schools here for tomorrow as well here too. I won't be able to work today or tomorrow either. I'm a mason and it gets pretty hard to lay brick and stone in these temps, LOL. I cannot believe how fast the ecig shops are popping up all over. I now have 3 of them within 5 miles of my house. Stopped in at one in Elk River on Saturday and they had a lot of stuff, but no idea what they were talking about, even with their own product. So tempting to open a shop and do it right, but it would be no field trip! I always have high hopes when I walk into a new one, only to find out that they are putting their own labels on other low end juice makers product. So I ask what the PG/VG ratio is? Ummmm, we're not really sure, LOL. They are all trying to brand their products with their own store name, which I think is a BIG mistake. Thank God for the interwebs!!

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Okay, I'm only going to post my most embarrassing vape episode one more time as a public service to all vapers where its cold.

DO NOT TRY TO VAPE IN SUB ZERO TEMPERATURES WITH A METAL DRIP TIP!!!

And how do I know this, well GoodNews! told me or um, yeah, hmm.... no, and pray he doesn't try it or we'll all pay that price too.

In all seriousness though it might be something you don't think about but having a mod even in your pocket at these temperatures with a metal tip, well the metal tip doesn't have a lot of mass and doesn't hold heat very long. It only takes a few seconds for the tip to get below freezing then you put that freezing tip against your wet lips only to remember the light pole in A Christmas Story. Of course the natural human reaction (and mine) is to immediately pull it away. Hopefully your tip doesn't have a real good o-ring and just pops off but if your using something like an Iclear 30 with the tip screwed on, well you'll remove 3 layers of skin from your lips along with the tip. (Took mine almost 2 weeks to heal.) So if you do happen to get your favorite vaporizer stuck to your lips - LEAVE IT THERE, it will only take a minute for your body heat to warm it past freezing and release it without bodily harm.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I heard that we have a 95% tax on tobacco-derived nicotine now. I haven't bought juice locally for a quite a while (shame on me, I know :oops:) so I haven't seen evidence of a ridiculous price markup. Has anyone here noticed one? It seemed like the going rate early last year was about $10 for a 15mL bottle. Not sure if that is a typical price at B&M's elsewhere.

On the thread topic, yes it is quite evident that new shops are popping up everywhere here in MN and I see plenty of vapers in other cars when I am driving, especially little Ego buttons lighting up at night :). And yes, this weather has definitely made plastic drip tips a must.

Last edited:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
On the thread topic, yes it is quite evident that new shops are popping up everywhere here in MN and I see plenty of vapers in other cars when I am driving, especially little Ego buttons lighting up at night :). And yes, this weather has definitely made plastic drip tips a must.

Far less rare to see now than when I started. My reo still confuses people...but when I explain it they sure get interested.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I heard that we have a 95% tax on tobacco-derived nicotine now. I haven't bought juice locally for a quite a while (shame on me, I know :oops:) so I haven't seen evidence of a ridiculous price markup. Has anyone here noticed one? It seemed like the going rate early last year was about $10 for a 15mL bottle. Not sure if that is a typical price at B&M's elsewhere.

hi cloudz,
that 95% tax is on the pre-filled cartridges for you blu/greensmoke/v2 cigalikes.
thats why they are roughly $20.00 for a five pack.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread