Status
Not open for further replies.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
first i would like to apologize for the bad pics, my camera doesn't like to focus on shiny things.

first off, you can do this with a full tank and with the wick and wire still in the tank, i just remove the wire from the top post like so
aNb6t1hl.jpg

next take a pair of needlenose with a towel between it and the positive post(sry no pic of this hard to get a pic with a towel in the way) and turn the post counterclockwise. here is a pic of the threads
PXBpf4Sl.jpg

here is the post off of the zap
DXU6JaOl.jpg

next take something that will push through the 510 connection, i myself use a long blunt tip needle, and push the guts out
YL0qb3Al.jpg

here is a pic of the spring comming out, below that spring is the pin
j7K7zcul.jpg

heres all the parts that need to be cleaned. i clean them up real well with alcohol and if need be i lightly sand the contact points. both ends of the pin, both ends of the spring, and the bottom of the post.
O4gkL0Wl.jpg

now everything goes back in in reverse order, wrap it up and vape!
hope this is a help to some of you....i will try and get some better pics to better show what i am talking about

nathanial made a nice video about what to do...well done for just doing it for the second time. thanks for making it!!!

Last edited:

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Wooohoooooooo!!!
I FINALLY got the pole off my ZAP. I had to go and buy a pair of lock grip pliers, but finally got it :D

Kinda. I was able to get the spring, using the same type of needle you're using in that picture, but I can't get the little post all the way out. Close enough that I can give it a cleaning though. I almost broke the needle i had trying to push that pin out.

Anyways, for the time being on the "broken" ZAP I have, I was able to get a Q-tip drenched in alcohol inside. It was REALLY gunked up. You were exactly right. Once I pushed the spring back in, and screwed the positive pole back in, VOILA!!!!

Wrapped the coil around the positive post again, and it's working!!!

Awesome tutorial!! I'll see if I can get a video tutorial going once I can find a way to efficiently get that pin out. That is, of course, if you don't mind. I'll leave full credit to you though for discovering it :D

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
i had a few people pm me about it....i just don't believe it. zen wouldn't take a step back, he only has one direction and that is forward

I don't know Zen personally but he comes of as a chill dude. That said, I find his products over hyped. There are much better RBAs than the Z Atty and his Zenesis mods, while solid, have their fair share of flaws. One shouldn't have to mod a high priced mod.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
I don't know Zen personally but he comes of as a chill dude. That said, I find his products over hyped. There are much better RBAs than the Z Atty and his Zenesis mods, while solid, have their fair share of flaws. One shouldn't have to mod a high priced mod.

this is true of any device... and any device you are still going to have to clean contact points. electricity is rough on metal, it is simple physics

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
Wooohoooooooo!!!
I FINALLY got the pole off my ZAP. I had to go and buy a pair of lock grip pliers, but finally got it :D

Kinda. I was able to get the spring, using the same type of needle you're using in that picture, but I can't get the little post all the way out. Close enough that I can give it a cleaning though. I almost broke the needle i had trying to push that pin out.

Anyways, for the time being on the "broken" ZAP I have, I was able to get a Q-tip drenched in alcohol inside. It was REALLY gunked up. You were exactly right. Once I pushed the spring back in, and screwed the positive pole back in, VOILA!!!!

Wrapped the coil around the positive post again, and it's working!!!

Awesome tutorial!! I'll see if I can get a video tutorial going once I can find a way to efficiently get that pin out. That is, of course, if you don't mind. I'll leave full credit to you though for discovering it :D

if the device is really gunked up it is really hard to get the guts out, if it's relatively clean they slide right out, i do this once a week to keep it that way. glad my aweful pics helped you

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
added video to my post.

your video reminds me of the time i talked about this issue with zen, he kinda dismissed it as something you don't need to do. don't know if he has used one for long enough for this to happen or what, but it does need to be done. of all the zenfidels, i have probably used my zap the most. i suck down 15-20 mls a day with it since i got it in june(which i was one of the very first to get one)
i was the first to have this issue, so had to figure out what went wrong, and at the time this was my only thing to vape on so i was frantic.

im glad i am able to help some peeps with this, i didn't want see hundreds of these sent back to provape or sold on the classies because they don't work. it is a fabulous device, but just like anything else mechanical you need to take care of it.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I suck down 15-20 mls a day with it since i got it in june(which i was one of the very first to get one)

15-20ml a day?............Wow!!! I ve been vaping and direct driping for over 3 years and I have never seen anyone use that much juice in a day.. I vape moderatly heavy and I use about 4ml a day... I do use HH357 attys though, I know when I had my ZAP it did suck alot of juice up..

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
genesis atties eat juice.....in my clearo days i might be able to do 5. now 15-20....same vaping habits. i don't even use my 357 anymore there is no comparison and i can drip new flavors on my gennies if i want to.....fill tank up with pg and drip on the coil. great for vape bash or whatever for sampling.

riverboat you never even gave it a chance...you sold it after what a few days? once set up right it is the best vape on earth, and not just the zap any genny, even the aga series

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
genesis atties eat juice.....in my clearo days i might be able to do 5. now 15-20....same vaping habits. i don't even use my 357 anymore there is no comparison and i can drip new flavors on my gennies if i want to.....fill tank up with pg and drip on the coil. great for vape bash or whatever for sampling.

riverboat you never even gave it a chance...you sold it after what a few days? once set up right it is the best vape on earth, and not just the zap any genny, even the aga series

I know that the HH357 attys I use dont produce the great flavor of a ZAP.... My issue was I have always been a direct dripper and do prefer the "small" form factor of a 510 atty vs. RBA/ tanks.. IMO the ZAP was way to big and heavy for daily carry... it would of just sat on my desk.
I have cosidered buying another one....mabey..lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread