Problems with ZAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
So today I was rebuilding a coil and that top post came undone. I think I tightened the top screw to hard and it came loose. I just screwed the top post back into the delrin. Do you have to glue this back together? Everything seems fine so far. I'm actually happy it did. Now I can see how easy this thing is to take apart and clean.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
no you do not glue it. it needs to be servicable. that is normal behavior, just don't overtighten the top screw, it doesn't need to be as tight as one might think it does

Thanks ninfreak. Keep us updated when you get those pics of it fully disassembled so we can get the Zap cleaned in top shape. Really appreciate all the help.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
no prob...in dire need of a cord lol....or a micro sd to regular sd adapter...

Should be able to pick up either for cheap at Radio Shack or even Walmart. Also, for my camera, the cord that comes with my PS3 for charging the controller, works for my camera to my PC as well. Just some suggestions. If you're in need of cash to do any of this, let me know and I can PayPal you some. I think a few bucks via PayPal is worth all of the people you would inevitably help with your time & intelligence. Just let me know.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
trying to get confirmation that the new zaps have press fit center posts from my trusty sources before i post a tutorial. i really really doubt zen would make a device that isn't servicable. if this is the case you all will be returning your zaps because you cant clean the contact points. a press fit post would solve juice inside, but does not solve oxidation issues of the parts inside.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
trying to get confirmation that the new zaps have press fit center posts from my trusty sources before i post a tutorial. i really really doubt zen would make a device that isn't servicable. if this is the case you all will be returning your zaps because you cant clean the contact points. a press fit post would solve juice inside, but does not solve oxidation issues of the parts inside.

Nin please post the pics! I don't know what that other person meant.

I just got a brand new zap last week and it's definitely not press fit. The top post is screwed into threaded delrin.

I'm confused now myself.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
If it's any reassurance, the three ZAPs I've had in my home now all look like they're screwed into black derlin if you look closely (one of them was purchased last week from ProVape). I can't say for sure, of course, but the design change indeed would be incredibly surprising. If in doubt, I can ask Mike about it at Vapefest.. over a month from now :oops:

Would be awesome to see the photos you've taken though :D

Edit: Just saw your thread. I'll have to take another crack at it shortly :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread