Youde UD UDT-V16

Status
Not open for further replies.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
Just a couple of days ago someone mentioned that they didn't make very good mods. I didn't know they made any at all so I looked them up. I saw this one in particular and was really sad because I would totally own that mod, it's sharp looking. Anyone have any opinions on their mods in general? I also didn't see a price on this.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
1. I also didn't see a price on this. 2. Just a couple of days ago someone mentioned that they didn't make very good mods.
1. Wholesale is around $33. Retail tends to run $45~$55.

2. Actually, Youde makes very good quality products, often times superior to the more popular clone devices... and more often than not, Youde products are designed in-house... rather than simply producing sub-standard copies of someone else's creative efforts.

The Youde IGO W series of RDAs is a good example. I'd not be surprised if a survey, of long time RDA users, revealed the greatest percentage of first time buyer, RDA purchases began with a IGO model.

Yes, like all things Chinese, they are made to a price point that budget conscious Americans and Euros find acceptable, and they are prone to exaggeration ("no voltage drop")... but of the handful of China manufacturers that I'm comfortable buying products from, Youde is near the top of the list for consistent quality.
Ed_C... I note that Youde lists a 9 amp upper resistance limit. Perhaps because of the limited contact associated with a side button... just a guess. This means that (if you choose to follow their restriction) your practical safe resistance limit (with a 10% safety margin) is 0.5Ω+. Something to consider if your typical resistance runs lower.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
1. Wholesale is around $33. Retail tends to run $45~$55.

2. Actually, Youde makes very good quality products, often times superior to the more popular clone devices... and more often than not, Youde products are designed in-house... rather than simply producing sub-standard copies of someone else's creative efforts.

The Youde IGO W series of RDAs is a good example. I'd not be surprised if a survey, of long time RDA users, revealed the greatest percentage of first time buyer, RDA purchases began with a IGO model.

Yes, like all things Chinese, they are made to a price point that budget conscious Americans and Euros find acceptable, and they are prone to exaggeration ("no voltage drop")... but of the handful of China manufacturers that I'm comfortable buying products from, Youde is near the top of the list for consistent quality.
Ed_C... I note that Youde lists a 9 amp upper resistance limit. Perhaps because of the limited contact associated with a side button... just a guess. This means that (if you choose to follow their restriction) your practical safe resistance limit (with a 10% safety margin) is 0.5Ω+. Something to consider if your typical resistance runs lower.

Honestly, that's what I thought (about price and quality). My first RDA was an Igo-W and that cheap little thing is incredible. I also have an AGA-T2 and the only RBA to top it is my Kraken (clone). That being said, I'm not much of a genny fan so I don't have that many comparisons. I love the fact that they're not clones. When the person mentioned that the quality wasn't great, I was actually more disappointed that it was from this company, I think very highly of them.

cadenceq

Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I just received one of these from GotVapes today. I've only used it for a few minutes, but my initial impressions are:

Pros:

This thing is beautiful. A very minimalistic design (if you like that style) - looks great with a Protank or Aero Tank.
It is very compact. With an 18350 battery, it's slightly shorter than an eGo Twist 650 mAh battery.

Pro or Con (depending on your preference):

It is very heavy. It's heavier than my full-sized Smoktech SiD (which I considered heavy to begin with).

Con (only one at the moment):

The push button is horrible; however, it could be that the one I received is simply defective. I have to push very hard to make a connection with the button (e.g. a permanent indentation in my finger), and if I reduce the pressure even slightly it will stop firing.

Regardless, I was looking for a compact, big-battery mod, and this fits the bill very nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread