Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Nicely done. I couldn't even get 24g 2.5mm ID to fit last night, spent a half hour trying to get the barrel on the build deck without shorting. I was using 9 wrap spaced coils, so that could have been part of it.

Reason why I said 30g for ni200 would be the amount of wraps required to get the resistance high enough on a 2mm bit, but perhaps with 2.5mm 28g may work on a yihi device. Would still probably need 30g for a dna40.
That is the beauty of the Yihi SX350J chip. You can build all the way down to .05. My lowest build was about .057 on the Kangertech Mini and it worked just fine on the SXM. You can't do that on the DNA40.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Nicely done. I couldn't even get 24g 2.5mm ID to fit last night, spent a half hour trying to get the barrel on the build deck without shorting. I was using 9 wrap spaced coils, so that could have been part of it.

Reason why I said 30g for ni200 would be the amount of wraps required to get the resistance high enough on a 2mm bit, but perhaps with 2.5mm 28g may work on a yihi device. Would still probably need 30g for a dna40.

The max I've been able to get is 26g 2.5mm ID, 8 spaced wraps. That's with Ti, came out to .16. Wicked with rayon, has been going for a bit over a week, probably around 50ml so far.

Reactions: JimScotty0

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
I'm at my wits end with this thing. I can't get a build that doesn't give me dry hits. I've tried less cotton, more cotton, tails barely in the channels, tails halfway in the channels, 70/30, 50/50, cotton tight inside coils, cotton snug to loose in coil.....

I find that it works fine till I get to about half a tank of juice left. Then I have to turn down the wattage and I also have to prime it a lot.

No leaks for me on this thing, which is a plus.

I can vape like a beast on my Lemo 1.:?:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm at my wits end with this thing. I can't get a build that doesn't give me dry hits. I've tried less cotton, more cotton, tails barely in the channels, tails halfway in the channels, 70/30, 50/50, cotton tight inside coils, cotton snug to loose in coil.....

I find that it works fine till I get to about half a tank of juice left. Then I have to turn down the wattage and I also have to prime it a lot.

No leaks for me on this thing, which is a plus.

I can vape like a beast on my Lemo 1.:?:
To ask a stupid question, do you always keep it vertical? I ask because I had a similar issue, I think I narrowed mine down to when I sat with it in my pocket and it was on its side an air bubble was getting in the juice channel. At least I think, once I started making sure not to put it on its side it got better. If this is the case the only thing I could think was the air bubble got hung under the chimney cap at the coil and the juice was not reaching the cotton. Or I could have a vivid imagination and it's coincidental. I tend to use 80vg dunno if that's a difference either.
heck it could be the hops and barley talking now. :toast::vapor:

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
To ask a stupid question, do you always keep it vertical? I ask because I had a similar issue, I think I narrowed mine down to when I sat with it in my pocket and it was on its side an air bubble was getting in the juice channel. At least I think, once I started making sure not to put it on its side it got better. If this is the case the only thing I could think was the air bubble got hung under the chimney cap at the coil and the juice was not reaching the cotton. Or I could have a vivid imagination and it's coincidental. I tend to use 80vg dunno if that's a difference either.
heck it could be the hops and barley talking now. :toast::vapor:

Naw, I never put any of my tanks on their sides. I have a little vape stand that I put them in when not on a mod.

I for got to mention my coil.... a 2.5mm of 28 G Kanthal at .7 ohms.

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I really love this beast but I think the airflow is something like, you know, "overdose". When I use the original drip tip, there is a strange and annoying sound (maybe the spiral groove inside it made this sound) so this drip tip was retired now, LOL. By the way, anyone realize that the colour of the blue and red o-ring was fade. The first time when I cleaned it with soap, I realize this thing happened so I just used the white ones. The afc ring is not good enough, when it fully closed, I still can suck the air through it easily

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Naw, I never put any of my tanks on their sides. I have a little vape stand that I put them in when not on a mod.

I for got to mention my coil.... a 2.5mm of 28 G Kanthal at .7 ohms.
I'll try a 28g build next. Haven't had any problems yet, but I've only had it for 4 days, and only used the rba head for 2 of those days.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Did you plug anything on the other side? I had thought about trying a single coil build, but was worried about the non-coiled side leaking.
Yeah, I plugged the airflow on the other side, and the juice channels. Its working brilliantly still, I think this is now my favorite RTA.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
How'd you do it?
Took the insulators off a couple old kanger single coils, cut them, rolled them up, jammed them in the airflow. Then took the chimney grommet thing off the kanger coil, cut it up into gaskets for the juice channels. It hasn't flooded, or leaked yet, after multiple top fills, that side of the deck is staying dry.

Istand

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Miami
Took the insulators off a couple old kanger single coils, cut them, rolled them up, jammed them in the airflow. Then took the chimney grommet thing off the kanger coil, cut it up into gaskets for the juice channels. It hasn't flooded, or leaked yet, after multiple top fills, that side of the deck is staying dry.
Can you post a few pics to have and idea.

Vaping save my live. Vape on, until you die.

Reactions: Mini Patel

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Can you post a few pics to have and idea.

Vaping save my live. Vape on, until you die.
Yeah, I can once my juice levels goes down a bit more, I'll open her up for ya and snap a few pics. Its kinda ghetto rigged, but whatever, it works, and its the best single coil lung hitting TC RTA experience I've had thus far.

Reactions: Istand

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Ok @Istand here are some pics on how I did it.

This is what you'll need to start, zephyrus w/ rba, a couple old coils I used smaller kanger style singe coils.
FnowQyj.jpg

Take the coils apart, you'll want two insulators for plugging the airflow, and one of the chimney grommet things for the juice channels. Cut the insulator so you can roll it up, and jam in into the airflow, then cut the grommet in half so you can trim them down to put in the juice channels (those are not trimmed yet below).
WAjUGm1.jpg

Then proceed to jam your insulators in the unused half of the rba, put your coil on, wick, then before putting the barrel on, lay the grommet chunks you've trimmed into the juice channels. Below is mine already been used for a few days, but you should get the idea.
iCa5dcc.jpg

Make sure the grommet chunks are obstructing the juice channels, then tighten down all the way.
i2savOl.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much it for my DIY single coil adapter. Kinda ghetto, but hey, it works. I've had the tank on its side, in my pocket, in the car, no leaking yet.

Reactions: Istand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread