Your favorite first time coil/wicking builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Do you have pics/links to good first time single coil builds/wicking setups? I have 28 gauge Kanthal available and would like to hang in the 1-1.5 ohm range.

I've tried to do it like a drooping mustache (with the wick tips dangling into the juice well)

I've also tried folding the wick ends under the coil and pressing the coil down on top of the cotton.

Do you have any other recommendations that are simple and good for beginners?

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I'm assuming this is for an rda. 28 gauge is a good choice for your resistance range.

I'd just start simple and use diameters like 2.0mm to 3.00mm. Varying the coil internal diameter will also change the amount of wraps for the same resistance, so take that into account as well.

As far as wicking goes I don't think you should bother with wick under the coil, it can hinder airflow and you're kind of pulling juice from the tails into the coil and under it at the same time. Just wick snug in the coil and use short tails.

I'll try to get some pics in later if someone doesn't first. But we also have a page in the coil builds sub forum you can look at for ideas.

Reactions: GoBlue88

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread