Your opinion needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroshi

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 7, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Hi, I am a business student and currently i am doing my "small business enterprise" assignment. I had to come up with a business and develop a plan for it.

The business would develop, manufacture and distribute e-pipe mod. Supply of the e-pipe would be constant (mass-production) as it would be made from "green" materials and assembled and moulded locally (in UK).

A starter pack would include:
  • (1x) E-pipe plastic body (PE plastic of different colours)
  • (2x) DSE901 atomisers
  • (2x) 5ml juice containers
  • (1x) juice feeding system
  • (2x) 3.7V 1000mAh rechargeable batteries
  • (1x) Mains supply charger
  • (1x) User manual
  • (1x) Packaging
The shop would also supply replacement parts, other batteries, atty adaptors, juice containers, USB chargers...

Here are two models of the product:
new 1v2.jpg new 2v2.jpg new 3v2.jpg
old 1v2.jpg old 2v2.jpg
Basically it's a e-pipe with juice feeding system and high capacity battery

The big questions are:
  • Could you come up with a name for the company?
  • Would you buy the e-pipe, which one?
  • How much do you think a starper pack should cost?
Thank you for your input in advance :)

jackoboy82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Wrexham, UK
well the way I see it is the starter pack is exactly that a starter pack, so dont over-price or you'll scare away people. remember as with all things in business the money comes from the accessories or the follow up. A good start kit price would be cost + 10% imo.............there are companies that put insane amounts on top of cost and there are others that sell things under cost because they know it's the follow up where they're going to make the £'s. I personally would buy more accessories off a company that sold a starter pack at a good price than a company that tried to rip me off from the off.

I can't think of any names just off the top of my head lol but vipe had a ring to it

aroshi

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 7, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Thank you, Jackoboy82. I totally agree with you, the only thing that the price will determine is build-quality. I am just trying to find out what (how expensive) components and what type of plastic i would theoretically use.
And thank you for pointing out that most of the profit comes with sales of replacement parts and mods :)

Antidevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's a sharp looking device. I like the black one.

Vipe is all right as a name. Viper, maybe? If I saw someone using one of those I'd think I got snagged in a time warp (again.) Put that sucker at 6v/vv, and you'd have a dead sexy mod right there. Even still I'd slap a LR atty on there. $100-$125 sounds fair for a starter kit. Don't forget the cavendish-flavored ejuice to go with the starter. Edit: An internal rechargeable battery that can kick up to 5v would also be nice. Not sure how you'd get it in that shape though. That way you could also do the pass through thing as well.

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
I think ur on the right track like the design. I personally like the idea of pipes either tobacco or ecig I haven't got one yet they are to expensive for me . I'm not a fan of 3.7v so at 60 and up that's to much to waste on a look. Now put out a 6v or 5v and I will be glad not to eat for a week to get ur product. Have u thought about the type of atomizer the boge revolution uses or are u set on the standard type I know its just for class but I'm sure creativity will be a plus for u

aroshi

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 7, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Thank's, VPJUNKIE510 :)
I guess you are right, custom atty would look good if i was launching the product. I just don't want to make more work for myself doing the business plan for my studies plus there is an international patent on atomisers and I have no idea how much they would charge me for using their idea. But thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I really like the gold and SS ones as a woman. I like all the pipes but those are my favorites.
I think Future Viper or something like that, because they are so futuristic looking. I know from experiencing, trying to find a pipe for my Uncle, he would not spend more than $75.00 USD on one........so you can look at that, of course you have to be able to make money.

jazdale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Jackson, MI
So many directions to go. Welcome to the world of private enterprise.

Pricing factors -

1. Your cost of running the business. Sure it may cost 10 bucks to make 'em. But it has to be self sustaining. The easy math is the cost of material and labor. To make a living on it may require a building with a whole new set of fixed expenses. Then there's the soft expenses of advertising and promoting your product.

2. Newness/novelty - You can ask more if its unique. Since epipemods does exist, You're either going to compete head on, or do something a bit different.

3. It can't suck. A couple bad reviews from the likes of GrimmGreen and you're done.

4. Service after the sale. Goes with number 2. If it breaks and I can't get it fixed....

5. You're target market and it's size. Yes, we're all vapers. But who ya gonna target. The poor and young group, the up-and-coming 30-50, etc. How many people do you think are in that market and how many of them would be interested in your offering?

Personally, I love a pipe and used to smoke one.

If it was high quality in workmanship and material, had variable voltage, had a feeder, and performed flawlessly.....I would not mind spending 125USD.

Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread