Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkcloud

Aug 8, 2013
Southern CA
I can only vape 80% to 100% VG. I've only had that happen when the coil was dry and I got the "chemical" hit...nasty :( Just take about 3 or 4 primer puffs (just take the puffs without hitting the button so you are wetting the wicks) OR it is possible that the coil is just bad. I've had that happen a couple of times when I had "knock-off" Kanger coils, that's why I only buy authentic Kanger ProTank or Evod coils.

Otherwise, after aging, I've never had a nasty hit with any of Velvet Cloud Vapor juice -- it's amazing. I haven't had a flavor I didn't like.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ha.....that happened to me the first time I vaped VCV. I had never vaped 100% VG and it surprised the hell out if me. The TH was actually really harsh. I got used to it in a day or two.

OK, that's how she described it. I even asked her did she accidentally order a high nic???? She said 6 mg..LOLOL then I was lost for words. My first high VG never did this to me..Aves Gorilla so never knew this could happen. I didn't kno high VG could be harsh..

I can only vape 80% to 100% VG. I've only had that happen when the coil was dry and I got the "chemical" hit...nasty :( Just take about 3 or 4 primer puffs (just take the puffs without hitting the button so you are wetting the wicks) OR it is possible that the coil is just bad. I've had that happen a couple of times when I had "knock-off" Kanger coils, that's why I only buy authentic Kanger ProTank or Evod coils.

Otherwise, after aging, I've never had a nasty hit with any of Velvet Cloud Vapor juice -- it's amazing. I haven't had a flavor I didn't like.

I will tell her to do the primer puffs..she got Candy Bar or something like that. UGH...I wish I never said to go lower on PG after her last episode w/juices. Or at least I would have advised to go down a little! Thx for the help guys

pinkcloud

Aug 8, 2013
Southern CA
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mewlew's Magic or Campfire (although I know taste is subjective). I thought Nightshift along with those two were all amazing (after aging). I liked Vanilla Custard and Carmel Swirl but would have liked a little more flavor...I still finished every drop :). I have yet to try their fruits but they are next on my list.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Sorry to be such a novice but.. what is VG?

It's a common ingredient in e-liquid. Most liquids contain PG (propylene glycol) and/or VG (vegetable glycerin, as jefsview pointed out). PG is a thinner base which is believed to deliver more flavor and throat hit, while VG is a thicker base that produces much more vapor. Some people may have sensitivities to either PG or VG - I prefer VG for the vapor production and what I perceive to be a smoother, almost velvety mouth feel. PG is a common flavor carrier so it is not uncommon for VG based liquids to contain small amounts of PG.

leex1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Honolulu
It's been said many times already in the thread, but Velvet Cloud Vapor is the bizzzzness.

Night Shift, Harvest Berries are the ones I tried so far, and while both are good, Night Shift is one special juice. I haven't even let it steep yet (been 3 days or so since I received my order), and already loving it. Tastes like a real donut. Supposedly the coffee comes out after a little bit, but it's already something I plan on ordering a big bottle of soon.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I am about to order Alien Visions Boba's Bounty for the first time ive never tried it . I hear alot of hype tho

never had BB but got a bottle of Gorilla Juice and at first, wasn't super impressed but it i kept vaping it because I couldn't make out the flavors and I was trying to figure it out. After 2-3 days of picking it up, taking a few draws here and there...WHAM..it just hit me and I love it. It's in my ADV rotation.

I think it tastes better steeped a bit and after it sits in tank. I heard BB and GJ are similar but GJ has a touch of banana. Just got my GJ shipment Monday.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
never had BB but got a bottle of Gorilla Juice and at first, wasn't super impressed but it i kept vaping it because I couldn't make out the flavors and I was trying to figure it out. After 2-3 days of picking it up, taking a few draws here and there...WHAM..it just hit me and I love it. It's in my ADV rotation.

I think it tastes better steeped a bit and after it sits in tank. I heard BB and GJ are similar but GJ has a touch of banana. Just got my GJ shipment Monday.

same for me i didnt really like it at first! i was just trying to figure out what it taste like then a week later i ordered the big bottle and i cant put the stuff down and i dont know why! Just got some GJ and its just as good! just have to like bananas

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
has anyone had Heathers Heavenly Purity liquids?

HHV was the second company I ordered e-liquid from after Halo. I started with a 50/50 blend from HHV and from my first set from the Purity line, I can recommend Legend, Hunstman, Shadow, Oompa (after 2-3 months steep), Serendipity, and Heavenly ARMY.

This last order, my 3rd from HHV, I tried out the 100% VG option for Legend and Heavenly ARMY. Same robust flavors, and actually MORE throat hit! Next time, I might just go to 20/80 just for wicking issues, since I use HHV so much and I like tanks/clearos for out and about.

But there is absolutely no loss in flavor or TH with 100% VG with the Purity line from Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I think w/high VG (less flavor is what I'm told) I think this really separates the great vendors from not so much IMO..I don't get how something like AVEs GJ has a ton of flavor (whether you like it or not, there's flavor) yet other juices I've had with high or 100% VG I taste hardly any flavor. In fact it tastes "waxy", muted and has a filmy feel in my mouth.

Not sure if this makes sense or not but its just my observation. I do know some of my juices still need to steep, but anyone else feel some high VG just doesn't give enough flavor and taste waxy with some vendors?

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Not sure if this makes sense or not but its just my observation. I do know some of my juices still need to steep, but anyone else feel some high VG just doesn't give enough flavor and taste waxy with some vendors?

Haven't had an issue myself. I get exclusively 100% VG, preferably mixed with distilled water because syrup just isn't vapeable. I've gotten HHVs Purity @ 100% VG, Virgin Vapor 100% VG, and Velvet Cloud (all their juices are 100% VG).

Taste is too subjective and complex, I won't go there. I certainly haven't gotten a waxy flavor. Some do though, I just haven't ever had that happen. The only thing that seems to mute or promote any of my liquids is the coil setup I vape it on. Currently using a micro coil on RDA, 1/32th diameter, 10 wraps of 28GA Kanthal @ 1.3Ω ..... outstanding flavor.

Then again I'm one of those few that cannot vape PG, like at all. Not a drop. Maybe my experience is too one-sided to credit. Overall I'd have to say the flavors I have, all 100% VG, are quite flavorful. Some are even subtle and complex, all at the same time.

For sure the trick is to find what works the best for you and stick with it :vapor:

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Haven't had an issue myself. I get exclusively 100% VG, preferably mixed with distilled water because syrup just isn't vapeable. I've gotten HHVs Purity @ 100% VG, Virgin Vapor 100% VG, and Velvet Cloud (all their juices are 100% VG).

Taste is too subjective and complex, I won't go there. I certainly haven't gotten a waxy flavor. Some do though, I just haven't ever had that happen. The only thing that seems to mute or promote any of my liquids is the coil setup I vape it on. Currently using a micro coil on RDA, 1/32th diameter, 10 wraps of 28GA Kanthal @ 1.3Ω ..... outstanding flavor.

Then again I'm one of those few that cannot vape PG, like at all. Not a drop. Maybe my experience is too one-sided to credit. Overall I'd have to say the flavors I have, all 100% VG, are quite flavorful. Some are even subtle and complex, all at the same time.

For sure the trick is to find what works the best for you and stick with it :vapor:

Agreed and you make an extremely important point....the set up is going to be the big key... I'm fortunate that I'm ok using a 50/50 blend and usually stick with that. I actually got the GJ in a swap so it was my first AVE juice and after looking it up on their website, that's when I found out it was mostly VG (still not sure if its a 100% or 90% or what)

I guess I was super surprised it wasn't extremely thick like others, the flavor is amazing and I love it. So decided to try more juices with higher VG and they've been super thick and kind of flavorless. But my set up I don't believe is conducive for higher VGs and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new set up and trying different tanks and so forth.

Vaping has been a new adventure w/many ups and downs but, still analog free and that's all that matters!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Vaping has been a new adventure w/many ups and downs but, still analog free and that's all that matters!

Couldn't agree more :)

Also if a VG liquid of yours is too thick, pick up some distilled ionized water. Can be found in most stores. Put one drop per tank. Mix it well. See how that works. If needed apply another drop. Rinse and repeat until you've got your desired consistency. I do this with my Protanks because Shadow which I love dearly, doesn't seem to wick well in them and is a bit thicker than what I usually use. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread