The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Yuck just not for me

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Outcast, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    I just realized you guys were talking about been filled with e-liquid that contains Nicotine". That's not saying the product has "been filled with e-liquid" prior to purchase. It's just the misprinted second half of a statement which appears in full on the reverse:

"The warning below only applies if this product has
    been filled with e-liquid that contains Nicotine"

...which, of course, refers to the required warning that appears below it, on both front and back:

This product contains Nicotine which is a highly
    addictive substance

...because that, of course, is not true of the product itself, unless and until it is filled with such a liquid, but the law requires that the warning be placed on the packaging, regardless. Which is why they put their disclaimer before it that it's not really true, even though they have to say so.

2. mongo74

mongo74 I'm your huckleberry. ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    It's a great little rdta, and it really cranks out flavor. Is it the best out there? Of course not, but it's definitely not the worst lol.

3. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The warning is not a law. It is a regulation from the FDA.

4. bwh79

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    It is a rule imposed by a governmental organization. Violation is punishable by law. I'm not sure I see the distinction.

5. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Yep.

Insane. Like. LITERALLY insane.
    Can't believe that'll hold up under any kind of legal challenge...

6. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The distinction is that the FDA cannot write laws. Regulations are not laws.

7. bwh79

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    They didn't make the law, they make the regulations. But when the law is "follow these regulations as they are written," then don't they "kind of" write the law? Whatever they put in the regulations, is enforceable by the law that says you have to follow those regulations. If you violate the regulations, you are breaking the law. I dunno, seems kind of the same, to me. No?

8. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    No.

9. bwh79

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    So it's not "against the law" to violate the regulations? I can just say "screw 'em" and do whatever I want with no legal consequenses? That's :censored:kin' great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.