• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Yucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Hello, I've been vaping on my Kangertech Subox Nano for the past few months and recently find that there's this burnt unpleasant taste whenever I vape.

This taste is so turn off I decided to search online to understand what's going on. And I read from forums that this is probably due to bad vgpg ratio that don't work well with the coil.. Or that the juice is too sweet etc.. Well I'm not too sure about it.

I changed my coil entirely and decided to start afresh w my kangertech but after probably a few days, it starts to be a bit difficult to suck the juice and the taste slowly comes back. And whenever it comes back, theres nothing much I can do about it other than changing the coil? (but it just keeps coming back more and more often). I don't recall having these problems when I first started, maybe just the juice being a bit difficult to suck when I'm into 3 weeks of vaping on the same coil. But definitely not giving this unpleasant burnt taste at the back of my throat.

This has been quite stressful lol and making the whole experience unpleasant. Is there any ways I can solve this problem? Desperately need help from veteran / experienced vapers since I'm still kinda new to the community. Thanks for reading :'(

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Your problem should probably be caused by having too much cotton. Make sure your cotton is snug in your coils, but not so tight that the coils will move when you adjust the cotton. Did you prime your wick? That might also be one of the causes

heyya! thanks for the reply! Hmm, I've never tried to remove some cotton in the coil, because it's a prebuilt coil. And it's those I bought from kangertech and not the other brands. And I make it a point to prime the wick everytime I change my coils.. :(

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
maybe u should seriously consider using the rba section of the atty.its super easy to make simple coils and the subtank mini is super easy to wick. save money on buying the precuilt coils from kangertech as well. I've noticed i'm much happier vaping on my own coils then kangertech's occ coils. better flavour, and when u get that burnt taste, just change the cotton/coil yourself.

Reactions: EvansVape

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Saw on YouTube some can use their coil and wick for weeks wo ill effects.. I do find its BS, at least in my case. Needs to do rewick every 3 tanks or so or will get nasty burnt taste also. Chamber top side also got blacken juice all over...

Depends on juice and how much they vape. I only do unflavored, 8-10mls per day and I rewick maybe every 1-2 months. Longest was 3 months I think. Recoil..... Maybe half yearly.

Reactions: chia

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Depends on juice and how much they vape. I only do unflavored, 8-10mls per day and I rewick maybe every 1-2 months. Longest was 3 months I think. Recoil..... Maybe half yearly.
can share what's your usual; setups?
i usually do 0.4 - 0.8 ohms at 20 - 25 W.. SS316 spaced ..
i do find that, for me at least, coil/wick in attys with smaller airflow seems to last a bit longer

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
can share what's your usual; setups?
i usually do 0.4 - 0.8 ohms at 20 - 25 W.. SS316 spaced ..
i do find that, for me at least, coil/wick in attys with smaller airflow seems to last a bit longer

1.3ohms
8.5 to 9 watts on authentic kayfun light
10 to 12 watts on kayfun light clone
Kanthal
Microcoil, no spaces.
I.d, don't know. How many wraps, can't remember cause I only recoil maybe twice a year nowadays. So I gotta look at the old coil before I recoil. Lol. But if memory serves me, it's either 8 or 9.

You probably have a point regarding the airflow. Cause I like a small airflow, hence kayfun light. So that might also contribute to why my coils don't gunk that fast. Additionally, I'm running at low wattage. But I go thru at least 2 tanks a day.

Last edited:

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
1.3ohms
8.5 to 9 watts on authentic kayfun light
10 to 12 watts on kayfun light clone
Kanthal
Microcoil, no spaces.
I.d, don't know. How many wraps, can't remember cause I only recoil maybe twice a year nowadays. So I gotta look at the old coil before I recoil. Lol. But if memory serves me, it's either 8 or 9.

You probably have a point regarding the airflow. Cause I like a small airflow, hence kayfun light. So that might also contribute to why my coils don't gunk that fast. Additionally, I'm running at low wattage. But I go thru at least 2 tanks a day.

hmmm.. thats something to think about.. recently I've been liking smaller air flow, doing MTL more and more.
how about the PG/VG mix ratio?

cheers

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
hmmm.. thats something to think about.. recently I've been liking smaller air flow, doing MTL more and more.
how about the PG/VG mix ratio?

cheers

70pg 30vg or 80pg 20vg. Only do mtl.

You might wanna try a drip tip with a small bore too if you find you like smaller air flow. But might be difficult to find one now as the trend has been towards bigger and bigger bores nowadays (is it?). Haven't looked at ecig stuff for months

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
70pg 30vg or 80pg 20vg. Only do mtl.

You might wanna try a drip tip with a small bore too if you find you like smaller air flow. But might be difficult to find one now as the trend has been towards bigger and bigger bores nowadays (is it?). Haven't looked at ecig stuff for months

nice! not sure bout others, but i notice I'm slightly putting on more weight, could be due to the market trend of more VG biased liquid. now massively diluting mine with lots PG..
yeh you're right on the trend moving towards bigger air bigger builds for bigger clouds.. seems youre going back to basics.. and I'm right behind!
cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread