When to change coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Instead of changing the coils the first time you feel uncomfortable with them, you can just wash them by holding them under the tap for a little while and then blowing through the cotton to remove the water and use them again. I've done this with tfv8 coils and works well.
You should change your coils when even after washing you get a really bad taste with just a 2 to 3 second puff. And you can also just look at the wire and see the gunk build up on it.
Also the flavor will drop drastically and you'll realize it's time to change it.
HTH.

Reactions: Glenn j

Glenn j

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2017
Instead of changing the coils the first time you feel uncomfortable with them, you can just wash them by holding them under the tap for a little while and then blowing through the cotton to remove the water and use them again. I've done this with tfv8 coils and works well.
You should change your coils when even after washing you get a really bad taste with just a 2 to 3 second puff. And you can also just look at the wire and see the gunk build up on it.
Also the flavor will drop drastically and you'll realize it's time to change it.
HTH.
That's does help thanks cf11

Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Also if your washing coil heads ots best to use distilled water and soak overnight instead of tap so you aren't vaping chlorine/chloramine and other nasties in communal water supplies
Good point, I just put it under the tap that is supplied by the water purifier so i guess i should have mentioned that.
But i find that putting it under a tap with high water pressure works better than soaking because it forces the liquid out, where as if you just soak it ... it still remains a little more gunked up than you'd expect.

Reactions: Glenn j

Grimmthoughts

Jun 21, 2017
Good point, I just put it under the tap that is supplied by the water purifier so i guess i should have mentioned that.
But i find that putting it under a tap with high water pressure works better than soaking because it forces the liquid out, where as if you just soak it ... it still remains a little more gunked up than you'd expect.
you can heat up the distilled water in a coffee cup or something of the likes and it will break any gunk up better. Even filtered water has some impurities, distilled water has 0 parts per million of total dissolved solids so it has a better ability to absorb nasties from the coil (cleans better) as well as knowing you aren't adding in anything else bad.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
you can heat up the distilled water in a coffee cup or something of the likes and it will break any gunk up better. Even filtered water has some impurities, distilled water has 0 parts per million of total dissolved solids so it has a better ability to absorb nasties from the coil (cleans better) as well as knowing you aren't adding in anything else bad.
Yeh i used to do that with my coils when i was using tanks but i just found that it was way easier to just hold it under the tap for a minute and be done with it. I'm too lazy but yeh what you said makes sense and should work out for the OP. :thumbs:

Grimmthoughts

Jun 21, 2017
Yeh i used to do that with my coils when i was using tanks but i just found that it was way easier to just hold it under the tap for a minute and be done with it. I'm too lazy but yeh what you said makes sense and should work out for the OP. :thumbs:
I'm equally as lazy lol. So I just bought the rta section for my tanks,a bunch of prewrapped coils and 1000 sheets of cotton for a few bucks online. Alot easier/ quicker to change cotton than clean the coils, even when I was cleaning coils I'd go through a pack of coil heads in 10 days. For the price of 2-3 packs of coilheads I have enough supplies to last roughly 5 years of chain vaping lol

Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I'm equally as lazy lol. So I just bought the rta section for my tanks,a bunch of prewrapped coils and 1000 sheets of cotton for a few bucks online. Alot easier/ quicker to change cotton than clean the coils, even when I was cleaning coils I'd go through a pack of coil heads in 10 days. For the price of 2-3 packs of coilheads I have enough supplies to last roughly 5 years of chain vaping lol
+1000
Just got into building myself and man am i loving it. So much cheaper and so much better than sub ohm tanks IMO.
I wish i had done this sooner [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread