Z atty pro , cleaning and changing flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcen5

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
baton rouge
I don't have z-atty, but Cobra which is Pyrex glass, and to change flavors I take PGA, or hot water if PGA not on hand, and fill syringe and give it a good rinse, suck as much liquid out and let air drain/dry before adding new flavor. Sometimes it helps to take wick out and i just set it on fire to burn off old flavor, if really gunked up then can rinse in PGA/hot water
About every 7-8th tank I'll disassemble atty and clean everything with hot soapy water, but that probably overkill. The above allows me to rotate between 3 very subtle flavors and the "linger" of previous flavor is gone at beginning or after first vape. Hope that helps with z-atty as well

shortee611

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Aylmer, On
Its very easy to change flavors. I suck outs whats left in the tank squirt some water in there then suck it out. Squirt in some new juice and done. After a few hits the old flavor is gone and the new one is there. When the tank is empty you can also dry burn to remove the old flavor but it's not necessary. If the two different flavors would taste horrible together I'd do that. I clean the tank when i feel like it.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
I do an unflavored switch in my genesis atomizers.

Basically when I want to switch flavors, I'll drain the tank and then fill it 1/4 of the way with unflavored and let that wash out the flavor.

Then I'll put in the next flavor, by the time the unflavored is almost gone, it's a smooth transition.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I rarely take any of my gennys apart. They only come apart if I have to change an o ring, insulator, or replace a cracked tank (happens once in a while with pyrex tanks). When I change flavors, or just want to clean, I fill the tank with Everclear, swirl it around, and pull the Everclear back out with the syringe. If necessary, I'll repeat. Then I dry burn the coil, adjust, if necessary, and fill with the new flavor.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Does anyone know if Pluid, can be easily cleaned from a z atty. I have one coming on Thursday but don't want the pluid
to stay in the atty, the way it stays on my phiniac tank, :p

You can try cleaning it, as I described above, with Everclear. If the flavor is still present, you may need to change the wick. Pluid is pretty strong stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread