Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I use a Cato Tank 3 ohms love my cartos,nice flavor "Mod is a Z-max"

I'd recommend starting with a less expensive RBA - they have a learning curve. A lot of people like them - me too. But some don't because of the tinkering involved. Better to spend around $30 and get some experience with one. The AGAs are popular right now. I haven't used the Z-atty, but from reading users views quite a few say it isn't really any different to a $30 RBA. The Z-atty looks nice on a slanted pv like the Zmax though.

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
"Worth the buck" depends on your budget. The first RBA I ordered was a ZAP for my Provari. It took quite a few wicks and coils (and trial and error through recommended methods for both) for me to really appreciate the vape. Currently it is what I use all day, every day - the carto tanks only get use when I'm going out and about.

People say it has a more "airy" vape than other genesis style atomizers. I don't mind this, and so far I have nothing to compare it to (Temon atty maybe - but it isn't a noticeable difference). Other downsides that people will point out is that it is really heavy. It fits on my Precise+ with a slant cap - but I have to keep it in a stand or mug to keep it upright. There is no screw for the fill-hole, so if left on it's side (or top, in the case of transporting) it will leak juice. I use it at home, and keep it upright, so no leaks.

tldr: It is a great vape, has a few downsides (availability, price, weight, leaks) and may not be "worth it" compared to well-priced and readily available genesis-style RBAs. If you already have a Provari - it is best looking "tank" to stick on top.

8455683171_21b11a8127_z.jpg

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
I was looking into making that my next big vaping purchase - or some sort of rebuildable atomizer. So the Z-atty won't work well on top of a Lavatube V2 since it's flat?

The ZAP has a collar that extends down over the slant cap of the Provari (and other mods, but designed specifically for Provari). The Z-Atty-Universal has a flat bottom with a 510 connection that extends, but is stocked even less often than the ZAP.

If it is a "big" purchase planned, then the DID from MMVapors is highly recommended (by me, at least). About the same price as a ZAU, including shipping and Euro conversion. No reason not to check out the others mentioned above either.

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Are the z atty pros worth the buck,do the perform really well and vape like a champ? Any knowledge would be great,Thanks

They do work as advertised.... Tons of vapor/nicotine..
Draw is a bit to airy for my taste..
I had one but did sell it.. Its was to heavy and bulky IMO for a daily carry..
Im a dripper and prefer the small from factor of an atty.... But yes they are worth the money if its what you want...

Woundtite

Oct 27, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
I have a ZAP that I use on my Provari. Really nice vape. I also have an AGA that I use on my mechanical Legacy. Really nice vape. The ZAP build quality is much better than the AGA. The ZAP's draw is more airy than the AGA. I really enjoy both. I still use cartos, tanks, and a dripping setup from time to time, but I much prefere the Genesis style rebuildables.

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School
For you guys with Zaps would you say it is the same as a zenesis hybrid?

it all depends on the ohms of yor coil. Sub 1 ohm won't fire on a VV mod. They will on a hybrid. I think most VV mods won't go any lower than 1.2 but I could be wrong. You can get more watts out of a hybrid with a sub 1 ohm coil than a VV because the VV is regulated to a max amount of watts. Provari's are limited to 15 watts if I'm correct. Firing a hybrid at 19-20 watts does produce a hot wicked vape though. :vapor:

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
A RBA is quite a diffident creature than any other factory coiled atty. It only vapes as good as your build.

A Genesis style RBA is pretty much the tops in terms of vapor and flavor IMHO.

And that being said ZEN~'s atty is one of the easiest Genesis builds, again IMO. To me there is a huge difference in an atomizer designed and used by someone in the vape community vs. something mass produced.

Case and point the AGA-T+ or T2; I picked one of these up from a co-op when they first came out. For the price they are awesome but I didn't really dig the vape till I opened up the wick hole, and I still wonder why the wick hole and center post are so far apart. Basically that and a vamo is my "drop w/o crying" set up.

The ZAP, well I did cut my teeth on a ZAP as far as genesis builds but I kinda wish I had a ZAU. There are plenty of Porvari rings out now. The ZAU is actually in stock right now at electronic stix.

That's my take but I'm usually at about 1 ohm on my Orion or DID & Poldiac. Sold the provari, kept throwing E1 errors and going to sell the zap.

The vape is ridiculous, especial with insulator removed and a 500 mesh wick, but I'm not into vv.

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
Check out the Cobra, it's titanium so it isn't top heavy. There is a 3ml version that looks nice on the provari or any slant top. It is also designed with different wick and coil options in mind...single wick, dual wick, u wick, single coil, and dual coil. Between the Z-atty and the Cobra, I prefer the Cobra. Don't look at the chinese clones (Chobra), some sites have them as the cobra...even the packaging says cobra. Here's a review:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread