Z2.2 button too stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemphisRib

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Memphis, TN
I've seen some hopeful postings from folks that hope that continued use of the z2.2 button sorts out the stiffness. Some have considered cutting bit off the spring. Another forum site suggested annealing the spring with a torch. I don't want to resort to such if not necessary, but my pinky finger is getting sore. Does it get better? Anyone have any experiences or advice?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I don't have first hand familiarity with the DX Z 2.5... but I do know a bit about springs.

Good quality springs generally don't suffer from a great loss of spring rate over time... so no, it's not likely to get softer - assuming that the excess pressure lies entirely with the spring and not button drag.

If the spring is preloaded when you assemble the button... then yes, cutting a coil off will soften the pressure, not by reducing the actual rate, but by reducing the effective, preloaded rate.

A bit of research... there's a fellow complaining about the button here (scroll down). Perhaps his difficulties are yours as well.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I broke down and pulled out the wire cutters. Took off almost half the spring before it was suitable. Worked great.
Maybe... they do that on purpose, so you can trim to suit.
rolleyes2.gif

All's well that ends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread