Zen fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Mine sees a fair amount of regular use. I also have the 18490 tube for it.
image.jpeg

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just bought a smooth stainless steel 18650 Z2.2 (recessed switch) for 28 bucks on sale. I wanted the ringed tube but for the price - who cares? Seems very well made and the button is fantastic.
Oh wow that's a great price. :)
I sent mine back, :( I just wasn't sure about it as a first (entry level) mech, and when there wasn't much feedback on this thread, it kind of worried me.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Oh wow that's a great price. :)
I sent mine back, :( I just wasn't sure about it as a first (entry level) mech, and when there wasn't much feedback on this thread, it kind of worried me.

Oh no...you should have kept it. There is nothing to fear as long as you do some research and understand battery safety and Ohm's Law. Really, like anything else, I suppose it's fear of the unknown but if done correctly it is perfectly safe. Actually it would be better to start off with a quality mechanical mod then a cheap clone that might be dangerous. The HoH mods are sturdy and have great switches and would be perfect to start out with. Sorry to hear that you returned yours. :(

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh no...you should have kept it. There is nothing to fear as long as you do some research and understand battery safety and Ohm's Law. Really, like anything else, I suppose it's fear of the unknown but if done correctly it is perfectly safe. Actually it would be better to start off with a quality mechanical mod then a cheap clone that might be dangerous. The HoH mods are sturdy and have great switches and would be perfect to start out with. Sorry to hear that you returned yours. :(

I know, I've questioned if I did the right thing or not by sending it back.
I really hadn't researched anything by HoH recently, but I know when I'd first started vaping they were REALLY popular, durable, quality mods.
I'd rather have onsie, twosies, and quality stuff, than a bunch of stuff that might not hold up, or be safe. ;)

I know some have had excellent luck with their clones, so I'm certainly not knocking them, it's each person's individual decision.

I'd ordered a REO too, because I'd always thought I wanted to try one, and figure with the deeming regs, I'd better quit waiting and get off the fence. :( It came, but I'm waiting on batteries.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
@gpjoe - Oh well heck, I'd started following a (closed) thread the other night, so I could find it later....
I started reading it just now, and I noticed your avi, and thought...hey, that's who posted in the Zen thread. :laugh:
The thread was one you had started, awhile back (2015 I think) regarding your LP Reo Grand, so I guess you've got those too. :lol:

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yes, I have a few Reos. They are great mods, and very safe. The spring inside the mod will actually collapse if you have a dangerous condition like a short, which destroys the spring but saves you from a run-away battery. The springs can be easily replaced and are available from Reos Mods for like 5-6 bucks. I really love my Reos, and use at least two of mine every day.

Here's a picture that I posted in another thread:

reos.jpg

Reactions: LoriP1702

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, I have a few Reos. They are great mods, and very safe. The spring inside the mod will actually collapse if you have a dangerous condition like a short, which destroys the spring but saves you from a run-away battery. The springs can be easily replaced and are available from Reos Mods for like 5-6 bucks. I really love my Reos, and use at least two of mine every day.

Here's a picture that I posted in another thread:

View attachment 563399
Very nice!

Here's a pic of mine, that I'd posted in another thread too.
Sorry, the pic is huge, but I was too lazy to redo it Saturday when I took it.

View attachment 562407

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's a beauty.

Looks like black with a hammertone door?

IMO, Reos never go out of style and are convenient and easy to use. I've had a lot of mods come and go, but I'll always have at least a couple Reos on hand.
Thanks! Yes, :) Black Wrinkle with the Hammertone Door, and a Molehill Mountain Drip Tip,
The pic doesn't do the tip justice though. :(

I need to order extra parts for the doomsday stash. Any suggestions.
Otherwise, I'll just email them. ;)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The drip tip looks like a perfect match. :)

I would order at least a spare spring (make sure it's for a "metal mod" and not for a Woodville), and a spare positive contact. Those are items render the mod useless if either fails, so I keep at least one of each on hand. Other than that I really like the soft bottles with the metal caps - they hold more juice and are a LOT easier to squonk.

Spring:
Springs for Metal REOs

Positive contact:
Grand positive contacts

Soft bottles:
8.5 ml Bottle & Tube Kit

...or a pack of five soft bottles (cheaper per bottle):
8.5 ml Bottle & Tube Kit pack of five

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The drip tip looks like a perfect match. :)

I would order at least a spare spring (make sure it's for a "metal mod" and not for a Woodville), and a spare positive contact. Those are items render the mod useless if either fails, so I keep at least one of each on hand. Other than that I really like the soft bottles with the metal caps - they hold more juice and are a LOT easier to squonk.

Spring:
Springs for Metal REOs

Positive contact:
Grand positive contacts

Soft bottles:
8.5 ml Bottle & Tube Kit

...or a pack of five soft bottles (cheaper per bottle):
8.5 ml Bottle & Tube Kit pack of five

Oh wow, thanks!! I wondered if the 8.5ml size would fit.
I really appreciate the help! :)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'm thinking that is it, assuming your Reo has an adjustable 510.

That is a job that I am not willing to tackle. If mine ever needs a new 510 I will very likely send it back to the "spa" for a complete refurb. I know that Rob is semi-retired but my understanding (from what I have read) he will continue to sell and support his product. Not sure how the upcoming regulations will affect the repair business though.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm thinking that is it, assuming your Reo has an adjustable 510.

That is a job that I am not willing to tackle. If mine ever needs a new 510 I will very likely send it back to the "spa" for a complete refurb. I know that Rob is semi-retired but my understanding (from what I have read) he will continue to sell and support his product. Not sure how the upcoming regulations will affect the repair business though.

It's the only one I see.
I wouldn't want to try it either...I'll have my DH attempt it.:lol:
If something doesn't happen to change the course of the deeming regs, I can't imagine Rob will be able to do a things, I doubt even repairs, but that's just my opinion...worth exactly what you paid for it. :lol:

I'll get one, it if gets to the point that I need it, it'll at least be worth a try.
I'm hoping nothing gets to that point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread