Zenisis v2 carto hybrid 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
OK, I got my V2 from Zen himself in a trade for an Opus V1. So here is the skinny... I THINK IT IS GREAT!!! I don't know about making cartos tase better but I think it might a little bit. I am currently using Boge laser punched cartos from litecigusa.net and my juice stays pretty tastey. A couple of things got me, one, the bottom switch does not lock. If you back out the switch before putting it in your book bag it wont miss fire as it will back out 3 1/2 times. Another thing is that the tank is made of fused quartz, standard and as many of you know, fused quartz breaks more easily than other tanks. I went ahead, after I knew it was a keeper, and ordered a tall and short borassilic pyrex glass tanks from Ibetanked.com . Well I have had it for 3 weeks now and I just bot a Killer 705 rba and I am going to report back here to let you know how it goes. I've heard it is a great match so I'll see. I do think the ease of just screwing a carto down and filling it up, the right way, is great for older (47) shut up.... people like me to get a great vape and do it in style. Many people have asked me where is my ss wick... No fussin' with ss wicks here, just good vaping. Oh ya, I have been using a Kick V1 at 10 watts with my 2 0hm Boge cartos. If you have any questions just PM me. I will report back on the Killer 705 and the different 0hm coils I try and and any other questions you have, Take care and I'll be back soon. daze :headbang:

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
Hope it's a LOT better than my V2 18650 tube. What's with the switch? Really? Grindy...no technology at all - it's a spring and a screw and they don't fit the tube without grinding. The 510 connection is too shallow to flush mount a Zen atty U - no matter WHAT you do....
It's fairly well made - sure - but I don't see ANY innovation here. And..the "designed" battery rattle is just lazy BS. There is NOTHING here for the cost. Oh - it's gold plated - for a couple weeks. 24k gold is TOO soft to be used as a friction contact point - Zen is an engineer and should know this - 24k gold is a selling point - not a USE point. Use silver - it's harder and a better conductor anyway.
Sorry - I use my v2 18650 tube - a little - but am LARGELY disappointed - considering the price especially - it's just not very good at all, IMHO, and I see ZERO innovation - ZERO. What's different or special? NOTHING, unless you like battery rattle.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I got mine today and I like it. I'm using it with a AW 18490 and a sigelei-K so I don't have a battery rattle. The top cap and the bottom screw down all the way, I don't have any gaps and the threads are buttery smooth. I have the same juice in a bella tank at the same wattage and I think because of the air flow on the Zen it is give a little more flavor it's not a night and day difference but it is a little more pronounced.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
UPDATE: Well I continue to use my 18650 Z2 daily. !8490 + Kick and a IBTanked 22mm SS capped Pyrex carto tank. I have broken a reg. and xl Zen tank to date. I do believe fused quartz is weaker than most. The mod is very top heavy and when it gets knocked over, it's sailin'!!! I have found the use of a regular good carto tank to be less of a hassle than using the Z2 Carto tank. The top cap has that hybrid look going on but makes this mod a bit of a hassle to reload, but just a little plus it's a lot heaver. Yes, add the battery rattle and non locking button and yes it is a Zen product. This mod has turned me back into a carto tank user. I think a lot of veteran vapers get tired of fiddling with rbas and all and this is a great mod for the easy chair. I'd say get the Z2 18650 mod for $111.00 and get a high end tank, and vape like a senior...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread