Zephyrus V3 RBA leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul0001

Oct 30, 2014
Australia
Hello
I recently acquired said Zep V3. The rba didn't leak at all for about a month but then all of a sudden it started leaking badly. I recoil/wicked it a couple of times with no improvement. The pre-made coils don't leak. 'Have noticed the silicon ring where the RBA meets the chimney doesn't seem to fit as snugly on the RBA as compared to the pre-mades so tried screwing the coil surround firmly into the chimney first, screwing the coil body firmly into the base and then screwing the two halves together but this didn't work either. Perhaps because the outside thread on the RBA might not be tightened sufficiently it may let juice in. Anyway, has anybody else had the same problem ?

Reactions: stols001

paul0001

Oct 30, 2014
Australia
Hello
I recently acquired said Zep V3. The RBA didn't leak at all for about a month but then all of a sudden it started leaking badly. I recoil/wicked it a couple of times with no improvement. The pre-made coils don't leak. 'Have noticed the silicon ring where the RBA meets the chimney doesn't seem to fit as snugly on the RBA as compared to the pre-mades so tried screwing the coil surround firmly into the chimney first, screwing the coil body firmly into the base and then screwing the two halves together but this didn't work either. Perhaps because the outside thread on the RBA might not be tightened sufficiently it may let juice in. Anyway, has anybody else had the same problem ?
Ok, had another crack at it. I previously had an experimental, spread for TC, 4mm coil. I dropped this to a 3.5 coil, along with hard-tightening the 510 pin into the coil deck and the leak seems to have stopped. Perhaps the 4mm coil was holding too much juice and dripped when hot or maybe juice was seeping past the insulator ? Anyway, it's working again, cool.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread