Zeroing in on a 26650 mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I worked all week/weekend last week, so I have a nice paycheck coming today, and with fathers day being this week my wife is letting me order a few high(er) end mods I've been wanting for some time. Right now I'm planning on getting a Dominus Fecit, ADAM, and a 26650 mech of some sort. I'm trying to get the 26650 mod figured out, right now I'm looking at The Big Nasty, Fat Snow Wolf, and Dynast. I'm leaning more towards The Big Nasty, and Fat Snow Wolf, but I would really appreciate a little input if anyone has any experience with any of these mods. Thanks in advance.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I have a Dynast and have been very pleased with it. Great value for the price ($40). In comparison to the Big Nasty, the threading and machining on the Dynast are not as good, but I like the Dynast switch a lot better than the BN switch. Very light touch needed. I have it paired with a 28mm tobh clone, and it looks (and works) great.

If you want to keep the price under $50, there’s a lot to be said about the Dynast. I also like that it’s not a clone of another mod, but an original design by EhPro (well, as original as one can get given the limitations of a tube and a switch).

I don’t own, but have used a Fat Snow Wolf. Very nice machining. A bit plain in terms of design, but excellent build quality.

My next 26650 mech is going to be a Smok-E Mountain VREX. I’ve been so impressed with the Copper Vanilla that a VREX needs to join the herd as soon as it is back in stock. That’s a bit more $$ than the price point of the mods you’re considering, but something to consider as well if you are a fan of brass.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Everyone wants a Hades, and there are more versions of Hades clones than there are 26650 mods in total lol. I was worried the Dynast was a little on the cheap side, machining wise. The Dreadnaut breaks my budget, and really isn't my style. I'm really leaning towards the BN. Everything is around the $150 price range, I feel like it's hard to find nice 26650 mods in that range, they're either way cheaper, or much more. I think I'll be placing orders tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions, or experience with the BN/FSW, feel free to let me know.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Welli hate to throw another one in, but the mutant looks cool and twisted 420 gave it a very good review. Thinking about getting one now. The switch on it is the selling point for me.... Just my 2cents

I've actually been dancing around the mutant, I'd need to go look it up again for price. It's easy to find nice 18650s, we need more big mods.

protocol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Wisconsin, U.S.

was fiddling with a Hades at a shop today.

not as big as I thought, and it looks fine with a 22mm atty on it.

I'd heard the button was stiff, but I thought it was perfect.

a few minutes after seeing it I was already "making moves" in my head, trying to figure out how/where/when to acquire one. the guy had the SS with brass top and bottom ring.

stunning device, really.

protocol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Wisconsin, U.S.

TommyG said:
Everyone wants a Hades, and there are more versions of Hades clones than there are 26650 mods in total lol. I was worried the Dynast was a little on the cheap side, machining wise. The Dreadnaut breaks my budget, and really isn't my style. I'm really leaning towards the BN. Everything is around the $150 price range, I feel like it's hard to find nice 26650 mods in that range, they're either way cheaper, or much more. I think I'll be placing orders tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions, or experience with the BN/FSW, feel free to let me know.

report back when you get it--ideally with some pictures.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either one. for some reason I had a picture in my head of 26650 being MASSIVE, but they aren't--and the batteries are only going to get better.

saw the Ninja Mods "Ryu" today (online) and I was impressed by that as well, and don't forget Bay City Vapors' copper 26650.

good luck.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
Hades/Cerberus
mujuru-albums-mods-picture346328-20140613183154canon-eos-40d19485312014.jpg

Chew Magna

Jun 8, 2014
The Bluff
Another vote for the Hades here. I just got mine yesterday, second hand with an Igo W and a spare cap (the acrylic one you see) for $40. If you can get past it's quirks it's a good device. I'm having problems with my button coming undone. Happened at work today and caused one of the magnets to fall out and shatter. Not all bad though, using the spring makes the button stiff enough that you can set it down on it's end and it won't fire. It didn't with the magnet either but this is even stiffer. I do have problems with the lock ring getting stuck, but that's easily worked around by watching when you're locking and unlocking it.

Size comparison (note that I'm 6'3" and have hands large for my height):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread