hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, yet another review. Thanks for taking the time to read it. I was supplied the new Zeus Sub-ohm tank by Geekvape in order to do a fair and honest review. First let me say that I’m not a very big fan of tanks that use drop in coils. I do have a couple that I like pretty well but for the most part, I’m an rta user. Let’s get started.

What’s in the box?

• 1x Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank (Pre-installed: Mesh Z2 Coil 0.2ohm, 70-80W, capacity 5ml)
    • 1x Coil tool
    • 1x Spare glass tube (3.5ml)
    • 1x Promotion card & warranty card
    • 1x Spare parts pack
    • 1x Mesh Z1 coil (0.4ohm, 60-70W)
    • 1x User manual

upload_2019-8-30_20-48-56.jpg

The unit that I received was marked as a sample and did not include an owner’s manual or promotion and warranty card.

Parameters:

Size: 26 x 42.5mm (Not including Drip tip)
    Capacity: 5ml(Spare glass tube 3.5ml)/2ml
    Drip tip type: 810 Drip Tip
    Filling Method: Top Fill
    Mesh Z1 coil 0.4ohm (60-70W)
    Mesh Z2 coil 0.2ohm (70-80W)(pre-installed)

Initial Thoughts:

I would like to start out by saying that I am not commonly a high wattage vaper. The Zeus sub ohm tank comes pre-installed with .2 ohm (70-80w) coil. I am used to vaping in the 20-30 watt range so I choked the airflow down to less than ¼ open and gave it a try. I was able to obtain a decent vape at around 25 watts with the air tight. It was a very cool vape and honestly not that satisfying. After using this coil for a week or so, I switched out to the .4 ohm coil. This is what usually happens with me when trying a tank that takes pre-made coils. I always end up going for the higher resistance coil. I initially tried it at around the 25-30 watt range but found that it seemed to shine for me at 35 watts with the airflow open 1/4 to 1/3. It was a little warmer and a more satisfying vape for me. This tank seems to consume a fair amount of liquid and has the largest amount of airflow available out of any tank that I’ve tried.

upload_2019-8-30_20-48-56.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I definitely liked the .4 ohm coil better than the .2 but that is due to my style of vaping. If you like high wattage and large airflow then the .2 ohm coil might be a better fit for you. The .4 coil can be turned down quite low if you close down the airflow fairly tight but I still got a fairly cool vape. The tank itself is well machined and threads are very smooth. It is the level of quality that I’ve come to expect from Geekvape. I found the included black drip tip to be quite comfortable even though it is a bit of a change from my normal style of tip. I only used the bubble tank that was pre-installed on the tank as I didn’t really see a need to change the glass to the straight one. This might just be because of my hands but I found the top cap a little awkward to turn. The way that it is tapered down sometimes made it difficult to remove the top without moving the airflow ring. It is nice however that the coil can be changed with liquid in the tank. Also I like that tank can be fully disassembled for cleaning much like the Zeus RTA. Personally, I didn’t really find this tank as a good fit for my style of vaping since I don’t like to go much over 30 watts and don’t require a large amount of airflow. Like I mentioned before, I was able to get an acceptable performance for my style at 35 watts and low airflow but actually prefer the Cerberus for vaping in the 20-30 watt range. If you’re a high output sub ohm vaper then I’m sure that you’ll love this tank. I almost forgot to mention that I found the flavor production to be superb. I would probably give this tank an 8 out of 10 on flavor production. Much better than many tanks I’ve tried. If you’re looking for a high airflow sub ohm tank that in my opinion operates the best at 35 watts or higher then I’d definitely recommend you try the Zeus Sub ohm tank. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread