Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks GeekVape has released another version of the famous Zeus tank this time unlike previous rta versions they went with a very handsome drop in coil Sub ohm tank.

zeus-sub-ohm-tank.jpg

The Zeus Sub ohm tank comes in a nice variety of colors to match just about all mods.

geekvape-zeus-sub-ohm-tank.jpg

WHATS INCLUDED WITH THE TANK AND SPECS

Geekvape-Zeus-Subohm-Tank-2ml-5ml_08_7ed463.jpg

As shown in the above picture you get a spare parts bag including a warranty card, promotion card, user manual, extra glass tank, extra o-rings, extra coil and a coil tool that can assist you in coil replacement. It's a great help for people with arthritis , simply insert the open end of the tool under the coil and lift up.

INCLUDED COILS ( KANTHAL MESH )

zeus-sub-ohm-tank-coils.jpg

These coils are a push in type with 2 tabs on each side that fit into the 2 chamber slots. Like I said earlier the coil tool comes in handy for removal of the coil.

View attachment 837135

zeus-sub-ohm-tank-changing-coil.gif

COMPONENTS COILS AND FILLING THE TANK

Geekvape-Zeus-Subohm-Tank-2ml-5ml_06_24492d.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW OPERATION

zeus-sub-ohm-tank-airflow.gif

MY ZEUS SUB OHM IMAGES

20190811_092902.jpg

20190815_145904.jpg

20190819_085254.jpg

20190907_094537.jpg

20190907_094746.jpg

20190907_095701.jpg

MY EXPERIENCE USING THE ZEUS SUB OHM TANK

First off I have to compliment GeekVape on the styling of this tank. The lines and knurling of the tank really compliment each other with a bold and classy look, even the bubble glass looks like it belongs on this tank. The Zeus emblem is perfectly positioned and done in a way that isn't over branding in any way, even the Zeus word on the airflow ring itself is done just right.

The airflow is very smooth with no turbulence at any adjustment made. Both of the coils that are included seemed to have the same vape for me . The Z1 0.4Ω coil was my preference over the Z2 0.2Ω coil simply to save power. Flavor on both coils are above average at the recommended wattage parameters. After I washed the tank even thought it was clean of any machine oil I primed the coil filled the tank and let it sit for 10 minutes then started using the tank with the pre-installed z2 coil at a starting wattage of 58W for the first 2 tanks then increased to 60W and so on untill i found my sweet spot at 68W.

I have to mention the Zeus sub tank is a big juice hog ( VERY BIG ). Flavor lasted for about 4 days then I started to get severe dry hits if I let it sit idle,chain vaping it it was fine. I changed all the o-rings and ordered more coils and after the new coils arrived I tried them with the same result. The flavor this tank produces is fantastic but in my case just a short time. I have checked if any other reviewers are having similar problems and none are so mine is a isolated one.

PROS

GREAT LOOKS
    FLAVOR
    EASE OF USE
    SMOOTH AIRFLOW
    5 MIL CAPACITY ( BUBBLE TANK )
    GREAT VAPOR PRODUCTION

CONS
    COIL LIFE ( MY CASE )
    LITTLE LOUD

I would like to thank Carrie and GeekVape for providing this tank for review.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Nice write up Bob, thanks. I have problems with drop in coiled tanks as well. Prefer my rtas so sometimes a tank will sit several days without use; always either floods or leaks. Think these types of tanks are better suited for those it will be their primary in daily use.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I found the top cap to be a little hard to get a hold of to open for refilling. Also, when trying to remove the top cap, I found it easy to accidently turn the airflow. Maybe it's my fumble fingers but that was my experience. I love my zeus rta's and will stick with those.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I'm running my 3 Zeus subohm tanks WFO at 70W, liquid starts creeping up into the driptip if I restrict airflow but I chainvape Max VG. No restriction = no problem. I'm running all three with the .2Ω coil.

I make 120ml DIY at a time.
    I ran 120ml of my green apple through with no drop in flavor production.
    I cleared the cotton with 5ml of unflavored and have about 10ml of Blueberry DIY through it now.
    Still excellent flavor after 135ml so if it croaked now I'd be satisfied.
    I haven't tried the .4Ω coils yet but I'll stock a dozen packs of the .2Ω during the Holiday sales.

I stocked about 120 .2Ω Supermesh coils for Aero/Cerberus tanks and I'm still thrilled with that.
    I run the Aero tank .2Ω coils at 62.5 and the Zeus coils are similar at 70W.
    WFO always or Max VG creeps.
    Great review of a great tank. Thanks @bigbob2322 :toast:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I make 120ml DIY at a time.
    I ran 120ml of my green apple through with no drop in flavor production.
    I cleared the cotton with 5ml of unflavored and have about 10ml of Blueberry DIY through it now.
    Still excellent flavor after 135ml so if it croaked now I'd be satisfied...
    I forgot to say I almost always get 120ml min through the .2Ω Aero Supermesh with my DIY. A few times over 250ml but I had to pin poke the cotton at the holes on the sides of the coil (after 230mls or so) because they eventually get "glazed". Pin poke those holes and the juice flows better. Just a few pin pr*cks at each hole when the flavor drops. Any more and it's too much flow and it's a gurglefest.
    Glad your getting great life out of the coils, The .4Ω coil may be just a tad warmer for you but I didn't really notice any difference. I'm curios to see just how many ml's you can get from the coil, keep me updated buddy.
    Nametag me in here in a few days because I'll probably forget.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Very nice review, Bob. I appreciate the effort.

@Mowgli IIRC, your DIY mostly uses very low percentages of flavor, right? Commercial juices are so tough on drop in coils from the excess sweeteners, it's been a very rare for me to find a coil that's relatively long lasting with them. I haven't been able to DIY due to my personal circumstance for the last year or so, and relying on retail juice I almost never use any of my tanks that use drop in coils.

Bob, I've noticed a pattern on a transition to these press fit drop in coils over the old screw in type. Do you think this is all to reduce the leaky problems users reported with screw in fittings? And while not an issue with this top air design, do you think the change has helped the situation?

Reactions: Mowgli

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I don't use but a couple of the drop in coil tanks and the ones I use are screw in type coils and have had 0 problems with them, the Zeus sub ohm tank I received must have a flaw somewhere and I can't seem to find out where. No other reviewers are having this issue so I know mine is a isolated incident. Flavor on this tank is way above average. Funny thing is Iv'e tried 4 separate coils with the same result of if left idle dry hits immediately but chain vapes just fine.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Very nice review, Bob. I appreciate the effort.

@Mowgli IIRC, your DIY mostly uses very low percentages of flavor, right? Commercial juices are so tough on drop in coils from the excess sweeteners, it's been a very rare for me to find a coil that's relatively long lasting with them. I haven't been able to DIY due to my personal circumstance for the last year or so, and relying on retail juice I almost never use any of my tanks that use drop in coils.

Bob, I've noticed a pattern on a transition to these press fit drop in coils over the old screw in type. Do you think this is all to reduce the leaky problems users reported with screw in fittings? And while not an issue with this top air design, do you think the change has helped the situation?
    I use either Flavor West or MBV Hawk Sauce & Banana Cream Pie about 90% of the time.
    In Max VG I use 20% flavoring for my friends.
    I use 10% for myself because I can only tolerate about 10% PG.

I don't continue to use any supercrud flavors. Most of what I use are sweet-ish but clean-ish :)
    FW yellowcake, FW Cakebatter (IIRC) & FW Bananas Foster are their worst.
    Evan at 10% I couldn't get a full tank of those through an Aromamizer without rewicking.

Last edited:
    Reactions: bigbob2322

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Damn it! I wasn't paying attention and got 1/2 a dry hit.
    ARGGGGH. I loaded it up and tried to vape through it and got another hotter hit.
    Imma fusking spaceshot sometimes.
    I'm going to inspect it and pin poke some holes and see if I can vape through it.
    I think it's burnt toast though :(

Spoke too soon edit - the flavor might be coming back already, I'll update later

• Optimistic

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Plenty of blueberry with a touch of burnt toast. D'OH!

Switching to another with 70ml of my PBT DIY through it.
    Not as gunky as it sounds and deeeelicious.
    75% FW peanut butter / 25% FW Toffee Dream Cream in 5% DW Max VG 2mg/ml

The Blueberry Burnt toast coil is junk after it suffered a vapus interuptus brainfart after 135ml
    I'll keep you posted on the PBT .2Ω while I pay attention to the juice level in this guzzler.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I'll bump this TTT to say I decided to compare the .2Ω to the .4Ω
    I got a pair of HMM Heavy Tips in today's vapemail.
    The twins are basically identical now besides the coils.
    I'll mix another batch of PBT to keep this flavor train rolling.
    edit - the .4Ω seems to crank as good as the .2Ω at 70W. So far so good.
    70153574_2488831534680995_7310116951487938560_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I lost track of how many mls have been through which coil but they've been getting random somewhat even use. It must be at least 200ml of PBT through the first PBT coil so I'll be stocking these as much as possible as soon as possible. There's not enough difference between the .2 and .4 to matter for me. Both are excellent and I'll stock whatever's available of those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread