Zoids new cleaning method

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
I do this, too. Every fill for some stickier darker juices, every couple of fills for clearer juices I know don't gunk up so much. It really does keep flavours cleaner longer. Like you say, the first few vapes after are a bit weak but it soon goes back to a nice clean vape. After all, PG/VG are water attractants, so the water just gets absorbed.

I use them (and then rinse again) after dry burns too, to get the ash and stuff off - just 'cause one day I decided I didn't want to pour yummy juice on top of ash. Also give the hole at the battery connecter and little air hole a quick (careful) brush out, too.

I reckon what you mentioned about being able to get into the ceramic cup air hole/post is the biggie. I happened to wash it onto a white plate one day - wow! the crap that washed out of there!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I'm sure everyone has Read Threds and or seen their e-liquid turn dark at the end of a CE2 or Tank.

What's making the e-Liquid turn Dark. The same "gunk" that builds up on the coil?

I "think" I have figured this one out. It's actually a combination of two things happening at the same time.
The first is (as you stated) gunk build up on the coil.
The second and the one that causes this the most is an aging wick. As the wick gets worn out after several dry burns and cleanings it becomes smaller and leaves a very small gap between the coil and the wick material.
Once this happens it starts to burn our juice rather than vaporizing it because the coil isn't wet but is close enough to the juice to burn it. This phenomena (if you can call it that) can and does happen even with new carto's if the coil isn't tight enough around the wick. Most of us have seen this happen once in a while with a new carto.

So, the next time you have a carto turning your juice dark, wash it out good and take a magnifying glass and look very closely for a small gap between your coil and wick. My guess is you will see what I'm talking about.

I've tried to pinch the coil a little with tweezers on a couple of carto's that were doing this but it's very hard to get in there and squeeze with out messing it up and most times it's not worth the effort because the old girl has already performed her job nicely for a several weeks and is time to put her to rest and send her on her way to carto heaven in the sky. :cry: :D

edit: I'm gonna try the dental brush ider to see if I can get a little more life out of my carto's. I have a tendency to "over due" my dry burns sometimes. :D

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just picked some disposable ones but I think they have a mint flavor :ohmy: I'll give them a try on a couple of Stardust units that are soaking in vinegar at the house. :toast:

Watch-A-Lay. Broken Spanish

The one you want are the Multi-Colored (Uro Spelling) Ones.

Minty Fresh is Cool. Just not for some e-Liquids.

---

Sorry if I'm not around lately. Doing some Big Time programming. Don't even have time to check should it have One "M" or Two.

Or get V1John's CE2's out but, as George Harrision told me one time, "All things must Pass."

Ɏ

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
careful with those dental brushes... I thought I had found an awesome cleaning method, till I found a few that would leave bits of the plastic bristles behind... Nothing like taking a big pull on burning plastic :) I gave up on the idea, but maybe finding which dental brushes don't shed would have been better.
Were they made in china?? :ohmy: ;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
careful with those dental brushes... I thought I had found an awesome cleaning method, till I found a few that would leave bits of the plastic bristles behind... Nothing like taking a big pull on burning plastic :) I gave up on the idea, but maybe finding which dental brushes don't shed would have been better.

Plastic aint what you should be Vaping. Trust Me.

Use Common Sense. Pull the Bristles of ANY Brush Before you Use it. Don't Use at High Temp. Don't Put it in Your Ear.

I have a 2.500 word Legal Disclaimer and a 2x "U-LA" but then again, my LLC protects me from Damages.

USE DENTEK BRUSHES AT YOUR OWN RISK

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Me thinks all the programming is affecting your mind. 8-o

Your a Smart Cookie.

To Much for so Little.

Kinda a Martinez thing. LOL

"Cold and misty morning, I heard a warning borne in the air
About an age of power where no one had an hour to spare,
Where the seeds have withered, silent children shivered, in the cold
Now their faces captured in the lenses of the jackals for gold.
I'll be there
I'll be there
I will be there
"

Should the 3rdovement get mentioned? Arte there any stundents of Music? wtfc?

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
OK Zoidman, talk to me like I'm a 6 year old and have zero electrical engineering skills. I'm a vaper that buys stuff, uses it until it starts acting up, and tosses it. The Vaping Suppliers dream customer. I don't know how to fix anything.

I use Vision Ego Clearomizers or Stardusts, Phoenix XL or 3 ml tanks, or Vivi Novas. Like a lot of people I started on Ego stuff and got tired of leaking.

The Phoenix and Vivi's are new, so I have no clue on how I will clean them just yet. The Visions I've been using a while and my cleaning process is...rinse in hot water. Fill with cheap vodka and soak overnight. Let dry. Dry burn by pushing the button 5 seconds or so, let it cool, and repeat several times. This is the entire cleaning process as I know it.

I'm a 45 year old working mother of 4. I'm just trying to get a good vape. I don't understand my equipment like a lot of you guys do.

You talk about "cleaning the coil". I remember the coil from my old Ego atomizers...but in all this new equipment...I've never even seen the coil! How do I use the Dentek thingy to clean the coil in a Vision clearomizer, or a Phoenix? I guess I can find the coil pretty easily in the Vivi. Do you clean your Vision/Stardust coils with this? How? I don't even see them? Do I have to take my Phoenix tank apart? Can you even do this with the little Phoenix XL?

If you could dumb it down for me I'd really appreciate it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
OK Zoidman, talk to me like I'm a 6 year old and have zero electrical engineering skills. I'm a vaper that buys stuff, uses it until it starts acting up, and tosses it. The Vaping Suppliers dream customer. I don't know how to fix anything.

I use Vision Ego Clearomizers or Stardusts, Phoenix XL or 3 ml tanks, or Vivi Novas. Like a lot of people I started on Ego stuff and got tired of leaking.

The Phoenix and Vivi's are new, so I have no clue on how I will clean them just yet. The Visions I've been using a while and my cleaning process is...rinse in hot water. Fill with cheap vodka and soak overnight. Let dry. Dry burn by pushing the button 5 seconds or so, let it cool, and repeat several times. This is the entire cleaning process as I know it.

I'm a 45 year old working mother of 4. I'm just trying to get a good vape. I don't understand my equipment like a lot of you guys do.

You talk about "cleaning the coil". I remember the coil from my old Ego atomizers...but in all this new equipment...I've never even seen the coil! How do I use the Dentek thingy to clean the coil in a Vision clearomizer, or a Phoenix? I guess I can find the coil pretty easily in the Vivi. Do you clean your Vision/Stardust coils with this? How? I don't even see them? Do I have to take my Phoenix tank apart? Can you even do this with the little Phoenix XL?

If you could dumb it down for me I'd really appreciate it.

OK...

What exactly do you want to know?

Cleaning?
Vaping.

Tell me what you want and I'll do my Best.

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
OK, to be more explicit....can I see this coil on a Vision/Stardust? How do I get to it to use the scrubber on it?

Can I also take my Phoenix 3 ml tank apart? How did you do that? I have a Phoenix 3 ml I love and it is wimpy the last couple of days...maybe I need to do this scrubbing thing...how do you get to the coil exactly?

And with the tiny Phoenix XL, can you even take this little thing apart to clean?

Help me Obi Wan...you are my only hope :)

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Are you There”?

Wherases Bass Man on the ¾ whe I need him

Or the 5/8 on people who’l;ll think they pey Rock’n Fzst/?

PM'm if you want more Or Info mer perp-i-nentr.t5

Fu nny- Isrt-IT ?

Thanks, Zoid. Because of you I went into a psychedelic funk, and got lost there for awhile. Bwrlwrlwrlb... (shaking my head like a wet dog with floppy ears...) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread