Zombie Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I started out thinking of grommet tanks... bought some grommets and just do not like how they fit. My plan right now is to make some decorative replacement tanks for well known tanks already on the market, so I don't have to worry about caps. I'm going to start with the Davide, since I already have a bunch of those, and some carto tank replacements. I'm pretty excited, just waiting on the tubing:).

Hmm, How hard would it be to do the design inside the tank? I love my Davide tanks, but I'm a little odd about "Bumpy" textures, I could live with less juice, haha, I'm an odd one I know.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Except for the the two swirled tanks I just bought, all of my IBTanks are clear. I actually don't like a lot of flash from every component of my rig. I prefer to put things together like a neutral color battery, plain tank, and then an outrageous drip tip.

Oh good, I don't feel quite so odd now then... lol

also can't stand seeing the O-rings in most cartotanks and the caps drive me nutty also... lol

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Hmm, How hard would it be to do the design inside the tank? I love my Davide tanks, but I'm a little odd about "Bumpy" textures, I could live with less juice, haha, I'm an odd one I know.

It would be VERY hard to do in glass... because to get the glass to stick, you have to be able to heat it thoroughly and it would be tough to direct the flame inside the container.... but not impossible. Interesting thing to try!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It would be VERY hard to do in glass... because to get the glass to stick, you have to be able to heat it thoroughly and it would be tough to direct the flame inside the container.... but not impossible. Interesting thing to try!

That's why some people use "tanklets." Little decorations floating inside the tank (they are are actually murrini slices). Someone gave me some, but they are too thick to float freely in a 19mm carto tank. I've experimented with putting glass beads in tanks, but the beads I used were too small and can't be seen very well. I will get larger beads at some point.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB

Ah ok, I went and educated myself a bit on glass making, I see what you mean, And wow I have a whole new respect for what you do now.

what is the paint they use to do images inside glass? I couldn't find a name or chemical sheet on it.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
That's why some people use "tanklets." Little decorations floating inside the tank (they are are actually murrini slices). Someone gave me some, but they are too thick to float freely in a 19mm carto tank. I've experimented with putting glass beads in tanks, but the beads I used were too small and can't be seen very well. I will get larger beads at some point.

Oh now this gives me some ideas... How about large tall beads that will fit over the center tube in a tank... at the loss of fluid but would look awesome. Time for a trip to Michael craft store... hope I can get them without copper inner sleeves.

what are they called... Barrel beads? I know image is all wrong but has basic idea.

100_3631_0001.jpg

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oh now this gives me some ideas... How about large tall beads that will fit over the center tube in a tank... at the loss of fluid but would look awesome. Time for a trip to Michael craft store... hope I can get them without copper inner sleeves.

I don't know about fitting over the carto. As I said, the tanklets I have get stuck between the carto and the glass and don't float around like they are supposed to. It would probably work with 22mm tanks, but I only have 2 of those and they both have swirls, so you wouldn't see them anyway.

These don't look like they float around. I want them to float, not stick.

c8ab2f385469a4719241e693235b5c32.jpg

Wow! Intense page designs. I was searching for tanklet pictures and found this:

http://www.pinterest.com/thevirtualvapor/vape-vaping-infothevirtualvaporcom/

ETA: There might not be very much room in a tank to fit a bead around a carto, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I don't know about fitting over the carto. As I said, the tanklets I have get stuck between the carto and the glass and don't float around like they are supposed to. It would probably work with 22mm tanks, but I only have 2 of those and they both have swirls, so you wouldn't see them anyway.

ETA: There might not be very much room in a tank to fit a bead around a carto, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Oh yeah cartos idk about beads big enough to go around them, I was thinking more along the lines of Davide tanks and protanks or other tanks that come apart with smaller tubes.

Eek... way to much bling for me on that page

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oh yeah cartos idk about beads big enough to go around them, I was thinking more along the lines of Davide tanks and protanks or other tanks that come apart with smaller tubes.

Eek... way to much bling for me on that page

Lol! I didn't even get to the bling. There was too much page on the page.

I didn't think about Davide tanks. I didn't bother trying to put anything in a Protank. I figured it was float down below the metal part and I wouldn't see it anyway.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Ah ok, I went and educated myself a bit on glass making, I see what you mean, And wow I have a whole new respect for what you do now.

what is the paint they use to do images inside glass? I couldn't find a name or chemical sheet on it.

I don't know what paint they use inside glass... but I won't smoke anything through anything paint/plastic/solvent. Think about it a minute... some juices actually melt plastic tanks. That means you are VAPING that plastic that's been slowly dissolving inside your tank... oh no way. That would give you cancer faster than decades of smoking tar.

Now putting glass beads or murrini inside the tank for decoration is actually a GREAT idea!!!! Glass is completely inert... and wouldn't get sucked up into a carto hole either. I have some crazy neat murrini to try too!!!

Green zombie, that's an incredible idea too!!! Bead decorations for INSIDE the tank to fit over the carto sleeve!!!! But looking at a carto tank right now... it would have to be a very thin bead with a very big bead hole... but it's doable:).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

That's because of how thick your murrini is... you can slice them MUCH thinner. Going to go look now... LOL!

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Lol! I didn't even get to the bling. There was too much page on the page.

I didn't think about Davide tanks. I didn't bother trying to put anything in a Protank. I figured it was float down below the metal part and I wouldn't see it anyway.

oooh, Right, the Davide has much smaller holes down there...

could always take a piece of stainless mesh and make a donut to cover the holes

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Yeah that's why I was trying to figure out what the paint was, so I could check chemicals... anyway... Can you make something like this to go around a center tube... this is a very large bead for scarves... but center hole is about the right size to go over a Davides inner tube

il_340x270.403111168_eqnm.jpg

Probably, but the Davide tank is only about 7/8" worth of exposed glass, and 3/4" in diameter... outer diameter. It would be hard to get that much detail into a bead that would fit INSIDE that space and not suck up every bit of liquid space for juice. That's a lot of detail for such a teeny space. But you know... it IS possible to get close...

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Probably, but the Davide tank is only about 7/8" worth of exposed glass, and 3/4" in diameter... outer diameter. It would be hard to get that much detail into a bead that would fit INSIDE that space and not suck up every bit of liquid space for juice. That's a lot of detail for such a teeny space. But you know... it IS possible to get close...

ok did lil pic edit to give maybe better idea... lose of juice but so pretty... lol

attachment.php

I call it "The Davide Fish Tank"
I can almost see the bubbles coming up as I vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread