Zorbas VW Module & Lernaia Hydra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerdart

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
The Lernaia Hydra (full) with the Zorbas is 290 Euro or almost $400 it looks good but not $400 good

Maybe not 400 good but 399 good :)
I love mine
Throw a taifun gt on it and u are good to go

Cheers

On the right
ure2avur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunnerdart

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
This is way better than a kick, imo. I am unable to decide if I like this or the ZNA best. I love both.

Lernaia hydra and zorbas work well hybrid style heh
Just a classy mod
Gold plated easy button
I don't have a dna so couldn't comment

Happy vaping :)

krnjbifo

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
This is way better than a kick, imo.

I do not agree.
The way of adjusting Zorbas is horribly painfull!
It also adds a great deal to the bulk, and even don't have an adjustable center pin.
And there's also a matter of price and doubling devices - having Kick2, I'm not willing to pay anoter 120€ ($160!!!) for not so good alternative... that amount of money can afford me a brand new Provari!

Nowadays mech mods have to be as much versatile as possible. That's a business decision in favor of manufacturer that could largely raise sales too (see Nemesis, for example).

And yes, Lernaia Hydra is NOT kickable, it fell only :) 3-4mmm short to be.
Too bad, because it's otherwise a great mech mod.

Last edited:

Gunnerdart

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
I do not agree.
The way of adjusting Zorbas is horribly painfull!
It also adds a great deal to the bulk, and even don't have an adjustable center pin.
And there's also a matter of price and doubling devices - having Kick2, I'm not willing to pay anoter 120€ ($160!!!) for not so good alternative... that amount of money can afford me a brand new Provari!

Nowadays mech mods have to be as much versatile as possible. That's a business decision in favor of manufacturer that could largely raise sales too (see Nemesis, for example).

And yes, Lernaia Hydra is NOT kickable, it fell only :) 3-4mmm short to be.
Too bad, because it's otherwise a great mech mod.

I think your opinion is your opinion

Do you have it hybrid setup?

And the changing of the watts is much easier than pulling your mod apart and grabbing a magnifying glass to see where you set the kick

Don't get me wrong I use the kick also and like it but also like the lernaia hydra and zorbas

I guess I got it because I already have 2 provari's ... :)

It is a beauty !

Do you own the lernaia hydra and zorba?

Cheers

krnjbifo

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
No I don't, I only own the Lernaia Hydra.

And despite the fact that I also have 2 Provaris, I don't think I'll ever buy Zorba :)

The point is that you don't have to be an owner to know weather or not you like some of the aspects of the device.

According to many reviewers out there, adjusting the power with Zorba is mostly a "pain in the ....". For me, the most unforgiveable thing is the fact that it doesn't clear out the buffer, so every time you accidentally press the fire button, you're in the programme mode...

And as far as I can see, even an intended power adjustment can be a very time consuming process with Zorba: entering programme mode, waiting to see what's the current setting, doing your adjustment, checking it again... if your sweet spot is around 20W, you're going to be in trouble :). Compared with that, "grabbing a magnifying glass" (overdone :) ) to set the Kick, sounds to me like mercy :). (After all, when you find your sweet spot for the atomizers you use the most, you don't need to adjust the power every so often - you set it once, and leave it there for weeks...)

In addition, there's also the fact that Zorba can only do power increments in 1 watt steps, which I can't call fine-tuning by any means, especially in low power range.

Finally, the Zorba is only a booster, not a buck converter, so the range of atomizer resistances is a bit limited in comparison with other similar devices (including the Kick2).

I agree, it IS a beauty, but for 120€ it has to be much, much more than that...

And of course, that's only me :)

Cheers

Last edited:

Gunnerdart

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
No I don't, I only own the Lernaia Hydra.

And despite the fact that I also have 2 Provaris, I don't think I'll ever buy Zorba :)

The point is that you don't have to be an owner to know weather or not you like some of the aspects of the device.

According to many reviewers out there, adjusting the power with Zorba is mostly a "pain in the ....". For me, the most unforgiveable thing is the fact that it doesn't clear out the buffer, so every time you accidentally press the fire button, you're in the programme mode...

And as far as I can see, even an intended power adjustment can be a very time consuming process with Zorba: entering programme mode, waiting to see what's the current setting, doing your adjustment, checking it again... if your sweet spot is around 20W, you're going to be in trouble :). Compared with that, "grabbing a magnifying glass" (overdone :) ) to set the Kick, sounds to me like mercy :). (After all, when you find your sweet spot for the atomizers you use the most, you don't need to adjust the power every so often - you set it once, and leave it there for weeks...)

In addition, there's also the fact that Zorba can only do power increments in 1 watt steps, which I can't call fine-tuning by any means, especially in low power range.

Finally, the Zorba is only a booster, not a buck converter, so the range of atomizer resistances is a bit limited in comparison with other similar devices (including the Kick2).

I agree, it IS a beauty, but for 120€ it has to be much, much more than that...

And of course, that's only me :)

Cheers

I respect your opinion ...

Just, the issues you are describing are definitely the cons of the product, and I speak of the positives. To change the kick and the zorbas are different processes but time wise comparable. If you have a brass mod the kick2 won't work( correct me if I'm wrong) but slap zorbas on and u have regulation ... As for bulk , I use my microstick for out and about. Or other options ...

The buffer issue simply happens when your not paying attention , if you do accidentally do that, you release the button and it stops. Garbage in garbage out. If u trust that it does what it is supposed to do, and it does, there is no need to confirm settings, No settings are changed if this happens. If you were to change any setting by continuing to hold down the button by accident...?.. You would notice a taste or performance difference

I have both and am able to have a bias, but don't .. Both have their place...

But it is shiny and does what it's supposed to do especially hybrid on the hydra

And effectively so does the kick 2 :)

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread