Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
This upsets me :mad: I can see warning to be careful there's not enough FDA testing but this is :censored::censored::censored:!!!

This is part of what they said,

There is likely to be wide variation in the chemicals that each contain, but in initial lab tests conducted by the FDA in 2009, detectable levels of toxic cancer-causing chemicals were found, including an ingredient used in anti-freeze, in two leading brands of e-cigarettes and 18 various cartridges.
There is LIKELY to be???:glare:
It is likely that a airplane will fall out of the sky and kill me too, so we should ban all airplanes too.

What cancer-causing chemicals? Which two leading brands?
Really just going to say that and not tell us what chemicals or which two leading brands not to buy?
This is a agency that is suppose to help save lives!!

Instead of e-cigs,
When smokers are ready to quit, they should call 1-800-QUIT NOW,
Even though you talking on the phone with someone has no chance in hell of making you stop smoking, it makes sure that they get their government Funding, which is the most important thing!

or talk with their doctors about using one of the seven FDA-approved medications proven to be safe and effective in helping smokers quit.
Because using drugs to get off tobacco is NOT better for you BUT, it makes a ton of money for the drug companies and again the making of money is more important then your health.

So until further testing is done, meaning when the government can figure a way to get a big chunk of the profits on e-cigs, the American Lung Association will be against it!!

American Lung Association Statement on E-Cigarettes - American Lung Association

I am tired off hearing about kids vaping too.
Would you rather have your kids smoke or Vape.:blink:

Banning the sale of e-cig to minors, yea cause that worked so well on cigarettes that no one under 18 ever smoked...:glare:

Tax the crap out off e-cigs, absolutely does nothing but give the Government more of our hard earned money.:glare:

other reading:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...da-states-pursue-their-own-e-cigarette-rules/

FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs

Trio of Democratic Lawmakers Charge E-Cigarettes With Advertising to Youth | Adweek

Last edited:

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
We're the ones who have Cigarettes attached to the letter E- of our business name.

The BIG Tobacco INDUSTRY lied time and again to the AMERICAN people and the WORLD
about how deadly CIGARETTES are... and hundreds of Millions have died... and 1,200 each day are dying.

As long as we have the NAME: CIGARETTE or CIGS attached to our NAME we will be at
at the BULLS EYE OF A ...... TARGET

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Which industry has been in the forefront of wanting vaping banned since 2009?
What industry provides the majority of funds for the ALA?
What industry did the head of the FDA come from, where he was a lobbyist and Obama appointed him?

Answer: the Big Pharm. industry.

The FDA's study has been completely discredited for several years now. Yet, Big Pharm, their funded mouth-piece organizations like the ALA, and the Big Pharm lobby controlled FDA continue to lie and mislead the public.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
figures.
here's my take on the kid thing.

instead of compliance checks on ecig and liquor vendors,lets do compliance checks on people
younger than the legal age that are buying these things illegally.
if the problem is minors buying this stuff illegally than find them and arrest them.
problem solved.

regards
mike

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
"of toxic cancer-causing chemicals were found, including an ingredient used in anti-freeze"

This is twisting the truth, in fact what it's implying is a flat out lie. It's saying that PG, which is used in antifreeze (as well as taco-bell beef - was ready taco bell ingredients the other day lol -and your toothpaste and inhaler) is cancer causing and toxic. That is a lie. Yes, it is an ingredient in antifreeze, but it is also an approved food additive and extensive studies with rats which inhaled PG vapor showed now health differences from the control animals that inhaled no PG. It's not toxic. It's not cancer causing. I am sure you guys know this, but the ignorance is astounding. How can people be so stupid?

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
The Seven FDA-approved medications proven to be safe by the and effective in helping smokers quit.

1. Varenicline (Chantix)

The FDA on July 1, 2009 added a "black-box" warning for healthcare providers to use caution prescribing Chantix for patients with pre-existing psychiatric conditions, and to monitor all patients using Chantix for psychological symptoms. :lol:

2. Bupropion (Zyban or Wellbutrin)

Serious neuropsychiatric events, including but not limited to depression, suicidal ideation,suicide attempt, and completed suicide have been reported in patients taking ZYBAN. :blink:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that it is requiring manufacturers to put a Boxed Warning on the prescribing information for the smoking cessation drugs Chantix (varenicline) and Zyban (bupropion). The warning will highlight the risk of serious mental health events including changes in behavior, depressed mood, hostility, and suicidal thoughts when taking these drugs.

3. Patch Patches are designed to provide a steady stream of nicotine through your skin.

4. Gum bubble gum with Nicotine in it.

5. Inhaler Patients "puff" small doses of nicotine through this prescription product that looks similar to a cigarette
http://www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_nicotrol_inhaler.pdf

6. Nasal spray delivers nicotine through your nose
http://www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_nicotrol.pdf

7. Lozenge candy with nicotine in it.

Numbers 3 threw 7 are ways to give your body Nicotine with out smoking tobacco.

Isn't that what Vaping does?
Why is that Nicotine safe for me in numbers 3 threw 7 but the Nicotine in my juice is Bad and Evil? :confused:

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Actually, in the sample they refer to, there was a carcinogenic compound found in the e-liquid. I am pretty sure it was Diethylene glycol, found in two (of the many) samples.

Those companies who were sampled no longer make e-liquid for sale.

Is it possible the industry has changed just a bit since 2009? They are clearly using dated data to make a misleading point. But, it is not quite an outright lie.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I did find this, though...from Wiki

(DEG=Diethylene glycol)

2007 - Worldwide toothpaste incident
In May 2007, a Panamanian named Eduardo Arias discovered a 59-cent toothpaste that was labeled containing DEG. Panamanian officials traced the toothpaste to a local company in the Colón Free Trade Zone. In fact, the company bought the product in China and had already re-exported toothpaste to Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Haiti, making Panama kick off a local warning.[46][47][48] For the end of the month, the Chinese government committed to investigate the “supposedly” tainted toothpaste that had been recalled in Panama and Dominican Republic, but stated that, as per an essay written in 2000, a toothpaste containing 15.6% was not dangerous.[49]
On June 1, 2007, the FDA warned consumers to avoid toothpaste from China, although there was no information if these toothpastes had already entered the US, and started testing any imported Chinese toothpaste.[50][51] Days later, Colgate-Palmolive found counterfeit toothpaste with its name, which was contaminated with DEG and found at dollar-type discount stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. The toothpaste was labeled as “Manufactured in South Africa” and contained misspellings like "isclinically", "SOUTH AFRLCA" and "South African Dental Assoxiation".[52][53] Although there were no reports of anyone harmed, several people in the eastern US reported experiencing headaches and pain after using the product.[54] It was later discovered that a great number of tubes with poison ended up in hospitals for the mentally ill, prisons, juvenile detention centers, other hospitals and many other state institutions.[55]
So it sounds like the FDA should be more focused on regulating toothpaste and warning Americans of this horrific danger from the death-dealing big toothpaste industry trying to hook kids with tasty flavors while poisoning them!

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
I did find this, though...from Wiki

(DEG=Diethylene glycol)

So it sounds like the FDA should be more focused on regulating toothpaste and warning Americans of this horrific danger from the death-dealing big toothpaste industry trying to hook kids with tasty flavors while poisoning them!

Well on that note, toothpaste as it is semi toxic. Thats why it says on the back of a toothpaste bottle "if more than used for brushing is swallowed, call poison control" And the amount they define for brushing is a pea sized amount. Besides the fact fluoride is somewhat toxic, 1 of 5 children have fluorosis, tooth damage from excess fluoride.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
It just makes me sick hearing all the propaganda coming from our government and "trustworthy" agencies. It's made me realize that just sitting quietly at home while enjoying my vape is not really an option. If we are going to keep our right to vape, we need to make our voices heard. I've joined CASAA, particpate in the daily action plan, read the legislation and media sections of ECF, and comment on any negative web article I run across.

I also added my testimonial to how vaping worked for me to CASAA's call to action.

Last edited:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Oh yea, the Seven FDA approved medications, Your insurance company may cover these medications...

If we could get the insurance companies to back Vaping no one could touch us.

I mean if you were a insurance company would you want to see your customers take Chantix or Zyban and go on a psychiatric suicidal killing spree or Vape?

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
Oh yea, the Seven FDA approved medications, Your insurance company may cover these medications...

If we could get the insurance companies to back Vaping no one could touch us.

I mean if you were a insurance company would you want to see your customers take Chantix or Zyban and go on a psychiatric suicidal killing spree or Vape?

Interesting point. Have any insurance companies stated their opinion? Maybe that's something worth looking into?

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I am at a loss when trying to create a rebuttal argument to what they are saying, as I have no facts to back up my claims. We are 4 years past that data, and given the amount of stupid spending the government does, you would think there would be a little more up to date information.

There has to be a way for someone to provide concrete proof of what exists in e-liquids today. Does anyone have access to a lab that can start collecting the data? We should really start rallying behind concrete proof and use that as a talking point.

I know each liquid is different, but we need to start somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread