Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Old Steer hit the nail on the head. Uninformed people have preconceived ideas and cigarette=deadly, stinky, intrusive etc. To the uninformed if it looks like a cigarette, blows a smoke like vapor from your mouth... to them its a cigarette. When big tobacco tries to take over the industry, overcoming the stigma is lost on the uniformed masses no matter what the educational campaign.

That war was fought with lies on both sides. The ANTZ were worse. Today, the lies of the ANTZ have continued to be spread, even though they were corrected time & time again. Today, instead of being happy with kicking smokers out into the hail, the ANTZ are kicking the entire families out, war heros, crippled grandparents, ... forcing a smoker out of insurance, employment, shelter, is the most despicable part of all, and it's all because of the GRANTS the towns are promised by TSET and others, like big Pharma. IMHO.
I fight for those people as I fight for me. The same ANTZ, but a different me. I've had enough, seen enough, heard enough. Forcing smokers onto big Pharma products is the game, and this game needs to end.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yes, THAT is along the lines of what I was trying to say; would the Cancer Society approve a particular product? Maybe not, I'm not so sure, but surely there is some sort of standards system; the ALA certainly has an interest in the ecig industry; obviously the ALA cannot approve ecigs as a generalization, but they could certainly be approached by individual manufacturers to approve there products;

So for example, I wouldn't expect the ALA to approve plastic tanks, or atomisers with certain low quality seals; probably not cotton wicks; tanks that contain glue on the inside; "stainless steel" tanks that actually have a high content of lead or other heavy metals.

Where do you think the ALA, ACS, AHA, etc gets the majority of their funding???? The Big Pharmaceutical Industry. Who do you think is contacting local politicians at the city, county and state level to initiate local bans on vaping???? The ALA, ACS, AHA. Who is directing them to do this and providing the lies and half-truths to give to these local politicians??? The Big Pharmaceutical Industry.

Follow the money. These organizations have no interest in public health. Their only interest is in their funding and their jobs, period.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I'd like to clarify one thing that's been dicsussed at length here and that's been bothering me since yesterday. "Approval" in any regulatory or legal sense (implying safety or efficacy or conformity to regulatory standards), which I think is what we've been meaning here, can only be done by a government or govt-delegated entity (of which USP is one). Whereas any organization, or even any individual, can "endorse" a product. (Even if they use the word "approval" they mean "endorsement.")

Alphabets like the AHA frequently put their seal of endorsement on "heart-friendly" foods, for instance. Celebrities endorse products all the time. But such endorsements carry no guarantee of safety or efficacy or conformity to any but their own self-imposed standards.

Just wanted to get that off my chest (and out of my head!!). Carry on....

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'd like to clarify one thing that's been dicsussed at length here and that's been bothering me since yesterday. "Approval" in any regulatory or legal sense (implying safety or efficacy or conformity to regulatory standards), which I think is what we've been meaning here, can only be done by a government or govt-delegated entity (of which USP is one). Whereas any organization, or even any individual, can "endorse" a product. (Even if they use the word "approval" they mean "endorsement.")

Alphabets like the AHA frequently put their seal of endorsement on "heart-friendly" foods, for instance. Celebrities endorse products all the time. But such endorsements carry no guarantee of safety or efficacy or conformity to any but their own self-imposed standards.

Just wanted to get that off my chest (and out of my head!!). Carry on....

Thanks; that's what I should have said. Endorsement.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For me there's a very positive side to all of this. Finally a large new group of people are at last waking up to the fact that the US govt and all its various agencies are corrupt from top to bottom. The ecig is serving more than one very valuable purpose.

Yeah, I think people are finally starting to realize that our government does not serve we the people, it serves the corporations.

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island™ Voodoo Talking Head Doll named Murray

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
OH YES DOC.............load me up on WELLBUTRIN ...... the anti-depressant or some other emotional / physical ailment CURE! It just makes SOME people want to commit SUICIDE! GD Lung Association is nothing more than ANOTHER Government funded shill! My opinion of course!

Senile Old Don in Senility Central (USA)

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
You seem to be saying that SEEKING APPROVAL from the FDA means not selling product until approval.

What I'm saying is SEEK APPROVAL. If the FDA objects to use of certain materials, then redesign without those materials and SEEK APPROVAL again.

If I were a manufacturer, I'd want to get a stamp of APPROVAL on MY product to distinguish it from competition; What about USP Grade? If I could USP Grade Approval for my pyrex clearo I'd put a USP stamp on it.

The problem is right now the vaping industry is still content to align itself with junkies and "drugs" when it should be aiming for STANDARDS and QUALITY.

Hey dude, I know we've gone through all the "it takes millions to get FDA approval" stuff but as far as USP, every liquid vendor uses USP grade product. That doesn't really mean much either. As far as the hardware, other than polycarbonate tanks, I don't see where that needs an FDA approval. I'm not inhaling the pyrex from my tank. The coil wire doesn't get hot enough to vaporize itself into my lungs and the wick doesn't either. I use cotton wick anyway. I realize you're not in the US so you don't see the commercials on TV for FDA Approved drugs that "may have a chance of stroke or death". Those are real quotes from those commercials. Would you now rather trust an FDA approved product???

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
For me there's a very positive side to all of this. Finally a large new group of people are at last waking up to the fact that the US govt and all its various agencies are corrupt from top to bottom. The ecig is serving more than one very valuable purpose.
While this is no doubt true, as this is exactly what has happened to me over the last few years...

I have come to learn that the same thing has happened to many large groups...
--Cigar aficionados
--Snus users
--The vitamin industry
--The dietary supplement industry
--Vegans
--Organic food and beverage users
--The chiropractic industry

There are probably a lot more groups that have been notably screwed by the FDA that I haven't yet read about.

It seems like there are more than enough of the general population who SHOULD be tired of what the FDA is all about these days.
I would love to find a way to unite all of us and make the needed changes.

This is the part where I laugh to keep from crying...
:laugh:

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
What do I think? Tip of the iceberg.

Thanks DC2.
I've posted a few Dr Berzynsky links and you may be the first person to notice.
It is simply amazing the war FDA will execute to stop a potential cancer solution stumbled upon by a medical doctor.
If the caner solution has strong potential the FDA fights with strong resistance.

Vaping has strong life saving potential and FDA, ALA, etc. beats the battle drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread