• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second-Hand Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

painbowslash

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2015
Singapore
I usually vape with my buddies in their apartment, most of them use ipv4s, sigelei 150w at around 80+w so the room is really cloudy and all.
Most of us quit smoking around 3-4 months ago, so i have 3 or 4 frienda still vaping 12-24 mg nic levels like anna and jane or other high nic juice they have.

Recently saw a Rip Trippers video that said while vaping around friends who used 12mg-24mg nic juice, he got a nicotine buzz.
I dont know if this is true because ive never felt it before, but i want to be sure because sometime i vape at home, and dont want my family to be affected by my vaping.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
What is wrong with nicotine? Show me a study that links cancer with nicotine.
If nicotine is highly addictive, why are clinical trials conducted using nicotine to treat alzheimer, cognitive decline, etc?

Not wrong to avoid vaping in front of other non-vapers (respect), but not right to demonise nicotine. Just my opinion.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If 2nd-hand nicotine from vaping was really a thing, you'd think that me vaping at home, indoors, around my husband would have some negative effect on his high blood pressure -- he quit the little cigars and caffeinated tea&coffee when it was diagnosed, because his HBP was off the charts. Well guess what. I've been vaping at home, indoors, around my husband for almost 2 yrs now. And in that time, his HBP HAS GONE DOWN.

Bite on that, ANTZ.

Andria

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Studies on nicotine being harmful were not accurate because they used cigarettes, ignoring all the other variables(toxins). Other studies have shown medicinal value in nicotine for many diseases. Nicotine is found naturally in many plants and vegetables. It could be compared to caffeine.

I ran across a study not long ago where only trace amounts were found in the air after vaping. If I can find it I will post it.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2013
    Wonderland
    If nic is in fact harmful, why would there even be nic gum and nic patches in the first place. Worse still, nic gum goes into your body via direct consumption. Nic patches goes into your bloodstream. To put it across fairly, it is a medicinal product. I would say Panadols and cough syrups are more harmful. We all have seen people passing away by consuming 20 tablets of panadols or 2-3 bottles of cough syrups at one go, but I have not seen anyone suffering anything from taking in more than 24mg of nic at one go.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    If nic is in fact harmful, why would there even be nic gum and nic patches in the first place. Worse still, nic gum goes into your body via direct consumption. Nic patches goes into your bloodstream. To put it across fairly, it is a medicinal product. I would say Panadols and cough syrups are more harmful. We all have seen people passing away by consuming 20 tablets of panadols or 2-3 bottles of cough syrups at one go, but I have not seen anyone suffering anything from taking in more than 24mg of nic at one go.

What is panadols?

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    LOL, they are actually tablets that cure headaches, or what you call it as aspirins in your country. Locally over here we usually call them panadol as it is one of the common brands sold in the open. Pardon me for not using the general term.

Is it actually aspirin? Or acetaminophen (Tylenol)? Tylenol is hard on the liver, I know -- my mom has cirrhosis and can't take them at all.

Andria

Steamix

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    Nicotine IS harmful. But not nearly as harmful as interested parties would have us believe.

An alkaloid with psychoactive properties, it is found in tabacco, potatoes, tomoatoes, is just about any plant of the nightshade family. But it's concentration is highest in tobacco leaves, of course.
    So it's been linked to smoking and addiction to smoking ever since science took a close look. And has always been made the culprit. Evil incarnate. Meanwhile, we know that there is several thousand chemicals in tobacco smoke, quite a few of them far more unhealthy than nicotine alone. It is only recently - maybe thanks to the swelling numbers of vapers - that scientiest look at nicotine itself.
    Without the tobacco and smoke around it.
    And all of a sudden, things aren't so clear cut anymore.

Make no mistake, nicotine is NOT harmless. But curare is not harmless either and is used by modern medicine as well. As with anything, it's the dosage that makes the difference.

Any peeps say a lot of things on YT videos... Second hand vapor has been studied.
    As epic sinner said it, you're catching more crap in your lungs by standing on a busy intersection for a few minutes than you do by vaping for a decade...

Vape on :)

Reactions: AndriaD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread