11 Steps to effectively clean your cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady195

Apr 8, 2011
New York
While cleaning cartomizers really doesnt seem worth the hassle, sometimes you have a perfectly good carto that you have barley used, maybe put in a flavor you did not like (my case) and you don't want to cross contaminate flavors.

Now I know this has been touched on a few times, some suggest just rinsing then blowing out excess water and drying for a day or two, other suggest boiling and letting set overnight, I find that one alone does not completely kill the previous liquids taste. I have seen very few mention baking your atomizers afterwords and this has been my salvation to my cartomizer cleaning woes.

The day after I got my cartos I filled 2 of them up with flavors and not likeing them at all, it brought out the flavor much more then when I was direct dripping them and ended up not being something I could vape on with these cartomizers. I tried rinsing/boiling and setting for a night or two and no matter how hard I tried it was not soaking up as much liquid as it does new, and requires long drags to get any sort of vapor or throat hit. I also realized that letting sit overnight caused the filler to dry and "stiffen" and feel more dense.

For the hell of it I tried these methods but rather than letting them sit overnight, i blew them out dry till no tommorow and then placed them in the oven at 250* for an hour. Filled up and immediately realieved to see the ammount of vapor I wanted without taking a 7 second drag witha couple primer puffs beforehand, not to mention a regain of the throat hit.

So here are my steps.

1. Pop off mouth piece of the cartomizer
2.rinse under warm water
3.Blow out excess water as best as you can
4.repeat steps 2-3 until you can barley smell if at all the liquid you had before (generaly took me 4-5 repeats of steps 2-3)
5.Place in boiling water for 15 minutes
6.Preheat the oven to 250* while their boiling
7.Rinse under cool water so that you can handle them again
8.Blow out any excess water
9.Place in oven at 250* for about an hour
10.Let cool down for about 20-30 minutes
11. Fill up and start enjoying your cartos again

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Another way is to clean under running water.
Sling out as much as you can.
Repeat until you can barely smell it.
Place in ultra sonic jewelry cleaner.
Add hot water.
Run through 4 cycles.
When done, run through clean water, sling out as much as you can.
Place in food dehydrator on high overnight.

This works great for people who save up a ton of dirty ones and clean them all at once.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
another good way to dry em would be to use some dessicant like damp rid or something. it sucks the moisture out of the air so you could put some in a paper towel and make it into a bag with a rubber band then put it in a plastic bag with the cartos. im doing this after baking just to make sure all the water is out and they're bone dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread