510 Atomizers - single or dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to vaping, I have a 510 kit, 1 manual 1 auto battery, 2 atomizers, the usual starter kit. Getting a couple of spare batteries (manual, as I can't really get the auto one to give me a decent draw) and some spare atomizers. There is a supplier here in the UK with atomizers for the 510 at £4.95, but for £5.95 they have 'dual coil' atomizers. What is the difference (thanks, I know as far as price goes, it's £1.00 - it was a long time ago, but I have 2 Maths O-levels!) between a single and dual coil atty. Do you get more vapour with a dual coil or something? Sorry, I did try a search and found lots of posts about 510 attys, but never saw anything about the pros and cons of single v dual coils.

Thanks Jadc. I had sort of figured that dual coil meant it had two coils rather than one (doesn't mean that I know what a coil is, other than some strange sort of contraceptive device, or something that regularly wore out on my Ford Anglia...) but you hit the nail on the head - gives more throat hit. That's what I was hoping, although can't figure out why something that gives MORE throat hit gives LESS flavour, but then, I've only had my 510 a week, so what would I know.

Jadc

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
London UK
If I am not mistaken, you should not use a dual or low resistance on a 510 slim battery. The drain is too high and it might damage the battery. They should only be used on larger batteries, at least 650 mAh or mods.

Nuv you are more than welcome, but as Niemand said I think he is correct there, if you require more of a throat hit sometimes for me this is the more Nic i use the more of a hit I get but then again it could where i am using the new horizontal coil carts this maybe why.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I use cartos BUT, LR and dual coils are hotter(whether cartos or attys)...hotter, tends to mute or kill flavor while increasing vapor production...the added heat, adds to throat hit BUT, throat hit is directly related to the strength of the nic you are using...LR and dual coils can KILL, not just drain slimline batts because the electronics in them cannot keep up with or stand upto the amperage drawn to power LR or dual coils.........
madjack:2cool:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
A slim 510? No I cannot imagine any dual coil atomizer that would work well and not be too low ohms for a slim 510

Ignore the dual coil stuff - if it is low ohms then it is not for a slim 510. The dual coil stuff is for the fat battery 510's like Riva 510 and Ego and mods (battery 450mah+), and even then, some people will not go below 2 ohm or 1.7ohm unless it's a mod.

And the higher ohm dual coils like 2.5 are actually two 5 ohm coils which I don't think would well at all on a 3.4v battery. Those work on high voltage mods.

If you want to use low ohms stuff, get a fat battery model or mod. Even some mods refuse to use 1.5 ohm dual coil things - their protection circuits prevent it and cut the power.

re bigger batteries - look at Ego and Riva 510 at Liberty-Flights (.com in the US, .co.uk in the UK)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread