Best genesis style atomizer. Dual coil better or single coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick5m

Oct 25, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I'm fairly new to the e-cig world and am brand new to the ECF world. I'm trying to get an answer on what would best suit me without buying every atomizer, tank, carto, etc. I love Boba's Bounty and some of the Halo juices. Only problem I have is that I want the strongest throat hit along with the strongest flavor hit. I've tried the Kanger T3 and the evod with taking out one of the wicks to allow more juice flow. They did ok but not what I wanted. Then I bought a Doc Dave Steam Turbine clone. And it gives me a better throat hit but a little less flavor. And I can only do a single coil with a 6/7 wrap. If I try a dual coil I get the atomizer short message. I read somewhere that the evic does not allow you the ability of a dual coil. So I'd like to know if a dual coil rebuildable genesis style atomizer gives more throat hit and flavor than a single. If so, is it possible to build one for the evic or should I get a different mod? I've been thinking about getting a vamo. Also what atomizer do you suggest? I was considering the aga-td or the aga-t+. But I have no idea. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm pretty sure you can run dual coil on an evic, I can't see why not. You do have to keep it above the low resistance mark though. I think it's 1.2 or 1.3 ohms for the evic. When building dual coils, it actually halves the resistance of the individual coils, so for a 1.3 ohm dual coil both of your individual coils would need to be 2.6 ohms each. I'm not too big on genesis atomizers with ss mesh or cable wicks though so I won't be too much help past this. You could also try building a micro coil, they give great vapor/flavor/TH without having to go too low in resistance.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
if your looking for more flavor it will get better with smaller or less room inside the top cap. Some of the most flavorful genis I have is the gemini/mini DID from mm vapors.
the cobra from alba vapors
or the megatron

I read somewhere that the evic does not allow you the ability of a dual coil.
not quite, when you double the coils you cut resistance in half, causing the evic to error out from too low of a resistance. to run on an evic your going to probably have to make (2) 3ohms coils for 1.5 ohms

The only problem I have run into running dual coils in a genesis is how fast they need to be refilled and quit running them.

one of the biggest problems is the geni's are all assumed to be identical, when they arent. they will all vape well when set up correctly but the only way to find the one you like is to try a couple, in some of the better ones they do a lot of designing to get the vapor the way they would like it, and they dont all taste or work the same.

Also what atomizer do you suggest? I was considering the aga-td or the aga-t+. But I have no idea

with this I cant help, I dont have any of the cheaper ones.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The RSST is a very nice entry level Genny that is easy to recoil on the first attempt and has several features that make it easy to rebuild and not short out. Watch the many YouTube videos on the device. Not normally a clone guy, the RSST is the AC9 clone, but it has found a position in the vape world around $20 and is an excellent piece of gear. It was recommended to me as my first RBA, and it did become my first RBA, and for good reason. So, I'm passing this along as well. If you can do the RSST, you'll be able to do the chimneys (Kayfun's), etc. and eventually the more advanced builds and materials. Please keep in mind that the learning curve to wrap wire around a wick is two or three attempts on average, and is not generally considered a "higher skill." Go for it! You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread