a couple newbie questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

typocinnamongrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
So I got my 510 today and Im a little confused as to charging the batteries? The instructions say to charge 8 hrs before use, use 20 min and then charge an additional hour. Ok so I have one in the wall charger and the other in the PCC plugged into the computer. But does the PCC need to charge by itself before it can charge the battery? I left it plugged in til the light turned green (maybe 10 min) then put the battery in and the upper light was red. But I had to move it over to a dif. computer and now bottom light is red again? Im sure Im making this more complicated than it actually is... typical right? Sorry, just want to make sure Im doing this correctly...

typocinnamongrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
thanks :) I read somewhere on here that the bat will hold a charge longer if you do the initial 8 hours. BUT I think I will do that with the one and start puffing away on this one now :p I'll admit I already tried it out.. dripped on the atomizer first and vaped (no inhale) to get the chemically taste off.. thats what the cignot "tips sheet" suggested... but then I was freaked out I might have flooded it.. and MORE freaked out that maybe my cart needs more juice already... not sure how often to drip more on it.. cleaning the atty... refilling... its all so foreign to me even after watching at least a dozen instruction videos, Im just terrified Im going to do something wrong! I dont want to bust the thing, it cost enough! GAH! Sorry for the rant lol

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I really wish they'd get rid of those instructions. It's so confusing for new people and they don't even apply to the type of batteries used today. I would let the PCC charge on it's own, vape your head off with one battery and let the spare battery charge on its own. Don't worry yourself over babysitting them while they're charging, either. They will not overcharge if you leave them on the charger. The technology used today shuts off the charging when the battery or the PCC is fully charged, so it won't hurt them at all if you leave them on the charger overnight. Using the chargers on a computer USB port might make it take longer to charge, but it isn't a really huge difference. I only charge with a USB port at work. At home I use the wall charger.

When you put a battery in the PCC the light will turn red if the battery needs to be charged. It'll turn green (or blue if that's the color of your LED) when the battery is charged. It's just like your stand alone charger.

Have fun with your new kit and let us know how you like it. If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Side note and completely off topic:

Yay for Type O Negative! Such a shame that Peter Steele is no longer with us...

Last edited:

cosmic charlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Boise ID
The pcc I have will charge itself and the battery when pluged in if I un plug and plug back in it will start charging agin and it does seem to take longer to charge the pcc itself with a battery charging in it. If I charge a battery remove it and place it back on the pcc without using enough of the charge in the battery it will get stuck in a loop turning the light both on the pcc and the battery on and off this is very hard on pcc and battery so I don't leave batteries in the pcc when they finish charging also I did not condition the first set of batteries I had as per instructions and they died quick the ones I have followed directions with have lasted longer in my opinion.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
When I used the PCC-510 rig you have, I usually left a battery in the PCC while I was charging it. Never had a problem. You can do pretty much what you want with 'em... the only difference is how long it takes to charge them up. The PCC itself won't charge a battery as fast as your wall charger will, and the PCC won't charge up as fast on a computer's USB port as it will on a USB/wall outlet converter.

WoH is right... you don't need to wait the friggin' 8 hours... if these were the old NiMH batteries you would, but these are Lithium-Ion, baby! Jump right in! Nor do you need to worry about overcharging them. Both the charger and the battery itself have safety circuits to prevent Bad Things (tm) from happening.

typocinnamongrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Thank you all so much for letting me know whats up with the battery situation. Vaping now. So totally awesome. Love this unit so far! Yay for no more analogs! Had one this morning and one yesterday... certainly not craving them now!

Yay for Type O Negative! Such a shame that Peter Steele is no longer with us...

I know! *tear. Love the music, was and still is my absolute fave! I always get exited when someone gets my sn.. doesn't happen as often as you might think haha

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I still have a "gothy, steampunky" streak in me. People at work are always surprised by it. I get a whole lot of "you don't look like the kind of person who would listen to NineInchNails or Type O Negative." I find it amusing.

LOL, I get the same reaction...my ring tone is "Lose Yourself."

lol! Just goes to show looks can be deceiving!! On another note. OMG! I cannot believe I thought those disposables were so great. NOTHING compared to this little guy. Love it already. I got 16mg strength in all my juices and the disposables were only 11. Not to big of a dif. but I sure can tell. Have to set that aside for awhile! haha. I can see myself being 10x as addicted to vaping than I ever was to cigs.... maybe not such a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread