A GotVapes.com Worldwide Debut - The All New SMOKtech TELESCOPE™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Nothing really to be worried about. Just a bunch of vendor hatters and lowlife banned members stirring the pot. Do your own research and don't be a sheep :) Oh! I forgot to add disrespectful in the mix Ha!

No, mine was just that I wanted one, but wasn't going to get one because of safety concerns.

I'm not a banned member, and I don't hate this vendor. I never said anything negative about this vendor at all.

Clearly Danno decided it was an issue since he pulled them from inventory.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
Now what other vendor would do that i bet the bashers on the other forums wont say anything about that. I don't care what anyone says you guys go above and beyond all the time you have my respect for whatever that's worth lol.

Actually, Danno's announcement was posted on the "other forum" just a few minutes ago, and the reactions so far (including from sense Field) have been favorable.

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
For the record I was not bashing or trying to bash anyone. Raising concerns and awareness is important to everyone in the community. I applaud the decision to recall the device and put the concerns to rest. It sucks for any vendor to take a hit on a product and I hope that they can address the concerns and reissue the product with the corrections. Nothing but best wishes for GotVapes, agree or disagree we all need to stick together.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Are you kidding me what a two faced ****

I don't understand you...you post negatively about people in other forums, then you act just like them. I won't respond to you again. You seem hypocritical to me and I just don't understand how see make sense of that.

All of my comments are public...every forum has a different tone...I respect what GotVapes is doing and believe that it is good move for our industry to have one of the bigger venders push a Chinese manufacture to rethink their design to include safety measures.

Seriously man...let go of your hate...I don't even understand why you have so much of it...I said what I believed and did what I do...made a video.

me1969

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wherever I roam
  • Deleted by Adrena
  • Reason: we will stop this

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
  • Deleted by Adrena
  • Reason: I said no!

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Please stop this back and forth.
Sense Field learn form the reviewer here on ECF and fallow through.
me's please don't fuel the fire.
Progress has been made.
SMOKtech TELESCOPE has some concerns.
Got Vapes has bent over backwards.
End of story.

Voice of reason! Than you Adrena.

Annotating video now :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's fine and i apologize if i went too far its just hard to read all the bashing even when gv's does the right thing they flip it around and says it was just a pr stunt sorry i will stop reading that other forum couse it just makes my blood boil .

Voice of reason! Than you Adrena.

Annotating video now :)

Why don't we ALL just drop this.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Because of the voiced safety concerns, whether we differ or not to what level these should be raised, I certainly respect the rationale of anyone bringing them up - it has gotten to the point of a bit of hysteria. On another venue, very distasteful and malevolent statements and ill will were expressed that quite frankly alarmed me that someone may stage something or do something to drive home a point.

So at this point I am in contact with SMOKtech (it is their weekend so I may be waiting all weekend) to see what their answer is to the concerns. In the meantime I have zeroed out the inventory. Any Telescope orders placed today will not be fulfilled and anyone who has purchased a Telescope we would like you to return and we will provide you a credit for any other product in our store equal to the amount you paid for your mod plus an additional $25.00 for the inconvenience. If you would rather have a credit card refund we will do that also and you will still be issued the store credit of $25.00 for any inconvenince and hassle in sending the item back, plus whatever shipping charges you may have incurred (I'd ask you to please do not send your unit back express mail : )

I was assured, as well as Chris, the fully threaded tube provides more than enough venting and that the firing pin where it enters the tube also provides space to vent as heat generated in a breakdown of a battery would liquify any glue that is at the base and provide a large vent hole. I was also under the impression the catch was a hard plastic but this is not what SMOKtech told me, I came to that conclusion from eyeballing it, but I was wrong.

I do not believe a balloon test entirely is an adequate simulation of what kind of venting would occur, room temperature versus the force of a thermal breakdown. But that is a moot point at this stage. Enough concern has been raised. This is probably a good thing, many people are becoming much more educated on battery safety whether some of us feel it may have been overblown a bit much.

For those of you who have purchased this item please return to:

GotVapes - Daniel
10715 Buckeye Furnace
Sugar Land, TX 77498

Once received I will issue you a store credit or credit card refund (your choice). You will also be given a $25.00 store credit for your inconvenice and to that will be added your cost of shipping the unit back.

Unless SMOKtech provides us redress in either modifying the tubes or sending us tubes that aleviate any saftey concerns we will probably have to count this as a loss and that is plenty ok. Chris and I DO care ALOT about everyone and we want you completely comfortable about making purchases at GotVapes.com.

I will keep everyone informed as to SMOKtech's response as soon as I find out.

Thanks much to everyone and to the wonderful ECF community and it is meant from my heart and I am sure Chris also.

Bumples...

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Ok good news folks...SMOKtech is going to mill new vented bottom tubes for the mod and they will be sent to us right away, possibly by the middle of the week. Pease return your mod's bottom tube and I will exchange it out for you. We will still offer the 25.00 store credit with shipping for an inconvenience.

SO - No longer return the whole kit, just send back the bottom tube if you have already purchased one of these and it will be replaced and I will then issue the store credit plus shipping.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
Ok good news folks...SMOKtech is going to mill new vented bottom tubes for the mod and they will be sent to us right away, possibly by the middle of the week. Pease return your mod's bottom tube and I will exchange it out for you. We will still offer the 25.00 store credit with shipping for an inconvenience.

SO - No longer return the whole kit, just send back the bottom tube if you have already purchased one of these and it will be replaced and I will then issue the store credit plus shipping.

Boom there ya go.. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread