Adventures in LaLa Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I was down to my last atty (which isn't getting very hot), already tried to clean it, no go. So I decided to visit some of the tobacco shops that I knew had e-cig stuff. Thought I might be able to get an atty, or at least some overpriced cartos. Well...no...and no. NO ONE knew anything about the products they were selling(mostely smokingrelief and LeCig), and surprizingly, they had the same mismatched carts and accessories in every store(about 10 stores). None of them had any e-liquid, most didn't even know it existed. Finally I found a guy with some loose 510 cartos. This was after I broke down and bought a pack of Djarum Black "cigars" for $5 because I just needed a fix and couldn't get it. Well, the Djarums did it for me, but the after taste was horendous. So I was thinking Awsome, now I can give away the rest of the pack(only half by now) and go back to vaping, no matter what pre-filled crud was in the carto. So I asked how much, his reply ($15). I'm thinking, OK they aren't in a box so he can't possibly mean a piece. But in fact he did. I informed him that a pack of 5 cartos goes for half that on line. He shrugs and points out his more expensive selection. At this point I am very glad that I got my fix 'cuz otherwise I could have gone off on the guy. So then He asks "well, what is that one" pointing to my eGo. I told him "Joye eGo, and it was $50 for two of them". His response? He guestured as though he thought it wasn't a good one, and I'm thinking is this guy actually going to try and sell me an over priced LeCig instead of my eGo? He says "I never heard of it." At that point I needed to leave so I did. Man that :censored: me off. WTF is going on here? All of them knew the mall Kiosks were over priced and pointed that out, but who is selling nearly every cig shop in the valley these over priced kits? It's obviously a brilliant marketing campain, except who the F is going to buy these kits. Most of them were gathering dust. Very sad, very sad. Sorry, I really needed to vent, especially after burning my fingers trying to hold my clove from the "batt" end because it was getting hot. So how was your day? lol:p

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
another reason not to go to the mall, with all the idiots out there who actually buy from these kiosks they simply assume we all fall into the same category. Just be glad ur one of the "Informed" shoppers

Ain't that the truth...BTW, do you really play the cello?:unsure: j/k

Sorry, I just cracked the seal on some Tequilla and I'm feeling much better now. ;)

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Ran into the same at every place I tried in town.

$120 510 starter kits (at least it had the PCC, but still)
$99 SD MODs with tiny little batteries
$14.99 bottles of 15ml 18mg liquid (ON SALE from $20)
$24.00 bottles of 15ml 36mg pure VG
At least they carry 510 parts if I'm in a pickle, but they are certainly not catering to the real vapers. IMHO

But it's almost as bad online if you are not careful.
I know I'm a cheap penny pincher, but either they are paying too much or are trying to make a killing before the FDA gets us all.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Ran into the same at every place I tried in town.

$120 510 starter kits (at least it had the PCC, but still)
$99 SD MODs with tiny little batteries
$14.99 bottles of 15ml 18mg liquid (ON SALE from $20)
$24.00 bottles of 15ml 36mg pure VG
At least they carry 510 parts if I'm in a pickle, but they are certainly not catering to the real vapers. IMHO

But it's almost as bad online if you are not careful.
I know I'm a cheap penny pincher, but either they are paying too much or are trying to make a killing before the FDA gets us all.

I would have been happy to pay too much for an atty, or even $5 for a single carto, I mean these are "convenience" stores, and you pay extra for their convenience. But $15 for one carto, I almost put on a Tie Dye and protested the store(have done it before, though not cig related).

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
Ain't that the truth...BTW, do you really play the cello?:unsure: j/k

Sorry, I just cracked the seal on some Tequilla and I'm feeling much better now. ;)

You're the first person to ever get the reference! Not anymore, I played when i was a little kid, always loved the name though. Just stock up on cartos, rrvaporz is cheap, litecigusa has always been my go-to for cartos with free shipping. I already fell off the wagon a few times from running out of cartos, NEVER AGAIN

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I bought one when I first started at a tobacco shop because the one I ordered online didn't arrive before I was leaving for on a trip.
It was overpriced, and I only used it until the cartomizers ran out of liquid. Gave it away to someone here to get them started.
Learned the lesson of giving myself plenty of time for things to arrive.

Now, when I tell someone about the e-cig, I tell them NOT to go for the free offers and NOT to buy at Malls, Gas Stations, etc because they are over priced and most likely the worst working.
I send them here.:)
Sorry you had such an awful day.:(

--------------------------------------------
Indiana or Georgia?? Act NOW!!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...live-indiana-georgia-act-now.html#post1685232
--------------------------------------------
Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 dead batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
In this day and age there are two resources you HAVE to access before shopping and they are Google and Youtube.
I search them both, youtube for visual verification, reviews, and how-to's, google for forums.
There are forums out there for practically anything under the sun and it is well advised to seek them out before spending your hard earned dollars.
Unfortunately there are many people out there that are not aware of this and are basically robbed, imo, of their cash.
the robbers see it as taking advantage of those who are stupid, i see it as taking advantage of those that are misinformed and trusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread