Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
V2 or V3 I have 3 different KFL+ and I have to say the airflow adjustment is basically worthless.... I found that totally covering up either the side airflow hole or bottom airflow hole gives you a airier draw then both holes totally open with the airflow adjustment screw removed... I tested this on all 3 and it's the same thing the airflow adjustment basically does nothing and they can't even get close to the airy draw I can get on Russian 91%.....anyone else notice the same thing?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Do you actually understand how air flow control functions?

Once the screw is backed out of the main channel it is for all intent wide open. Removing the screw is simple personal preference and a total waste of time if flush mounting on a mod.

Now, down to business.
1) Have you Fully disassembled each?
2) Have you checked and cleared all passages? - I have found crap in EVERY ONE so far - 8 now.
3) Have you done comparative measurements on all openings?

All things being equal in basic design, you need to know what is actually different, if anything.
If the 91& and the V2 or V3 both have the same bore air inlet and the same bore center shaft - they should provide identical air volumes.

If the air holes are different sizes, now you have direction for making improvements.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Do you actually understand how air flow control functions?

Once the screw is backed out of the main channel it is for all intent wide open. Removing the screw is simple personal preference and a total waste of time if flush mounting on a mod.

Now, down to business.
1) Have you Fully disassembled each?
2) Have you checked and cleared all passages? - I have found crap in EVERY ONE so far - 8 now.
3) Have you done comparative measurements on all openings?

All things being equal in basic design, you need to know what is actually different, if anything.
If the 91& and the V2 or V3 both have the same bore air inlet and the same bore center shaft - they should provide identical air volumes.

If the air holes are different sizes, now you have direction for making improvements.

What do you mean you have found crap in every one?

My black one must not be a EhPro the side airflow is smaller and I drilled it out a bit which made it a little better. I mean these are not super tight draws but just not as loose as the Russian 91%... I have checked the center to make sure it was lined up properly that's not an issue.

Russian 91% has a different airflow design you can see its totally different and at a angle and the adjustment screw is on side not the bottom so Russian is superior in airier draw.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Not sure you are understanding how the Kayfun works, what did you drill out, the screw hole or the angled air hole?

side airhole but it's not angled like the Russian it's straight and meets the bottom airflow in a L shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread