Am I A Jerk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

ECF Veteran
It goes without saying that you Floridians play a different game than us Left Coasters. Looking at your bag (could be wrong) you are not a long ball hitter. No high irons and 2 wedges I'm guessing you lean on your 5 wood for high iron shots and center your game on course management instead of going big. Certainly a better way to keep more consistent numbers....smarter.

No chipper....I'd have thought for sure with those flat and fast bermuda greens they would be a must. Unless you are using that 8 iron for all bump and run needs.

I have a set Taylor Tour Blades, a 60 degree wedge, and a 9.5 Burner Plus for going big. I made a custom putter....similar to a Ping Eye with a 4.5 loft...20 years ago and still use it to this day.

Are those drivers just slightly oversized? Hard to tell on video... All in all looks like a nice bag, does that Carmeron blade have interchangeable weights? Looks like a long blade, what is the loft on those 3+ or 4?

I swung a club 3 times a week for 10 years, then my golf partners died in a car accident and I walked away from the game. Maybe someday I'll return but my passion for the game was pretty much gone after that.

:2cool:

Awe Snow! Sorry to hear about that man. As far as the bag goes... I like to work the ball alot. Driver is a larger size. Titleist went back down to a 430cc? Burner! I hit it and it was too long! lol. I was able to work the ball a bit better with the 909. I average about 275 carry with the 909. I loke it. Putter is removable weights. Using the 15 grams and cut down to 33 inches but think I may actually go down to 32 inches pretty soon. I notice I choke up a bit on most putts, then drop in some 20 grams to make up for the weight loss. Wedges, I like to get the ball landing soft. I rarely hit the bump and run shot. I have practiced that high and soft chip so much as a kid that I get better results that way. I miss my blades to death but the Titleists have really helped out my game. That little bit of outside weighting seems to be a sweet spot for me. Still love a blade tho. If you havnt already, check out the new KBS C-Taper shafts! That same light, soft butter feel KBS but with launch characteristics of the DG300's. Low spin low launch. Going to be putting in a set of these C-Tapers reeeal soon.

Start playin again man! If not for you and the love for the game, your buddies! They'd want you to get back out there! I know I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread