Anybody switch to an e-Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Louisiana USA
I've ordered a dse601 pipe. the atty is the bowl itself and the carts are HUGE. Not sure about battary life, there are a few youtube vids out there that compare/demonstrate them. there is (to my knowledge) only one pipe that has a cartomizer and that is the
g500, it's a nice pipe, but costs about $130 more than the dse601.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
The battery life on the dse601 pipe is great, and the carts easily hold almost 3 ml of e-liquid. Gives great vapor production and throat hit. Only downside is if the atty gives out, you have to replace the entire bowl, which runs about $49 or so. But they seem to last a pretty good period of time and they do have a manual cleaning mode you can use to clean the atomizer from time to time (but the manual tells you not to use that feature very often, and for good reason. Overall a really nice pipe for the money.

YouTube - Part 1 My Review of the DSE601 E-Pipe

DapperVapper

Feb 13, 2010
Florida
I started out with the DSE 601, since I had been a tobacco pipe smoker
before vaping. It is a wonderful machine when new. Clouds of vapor, great taste and stylish. But, the atomizer does not last long. I have purchased 6
since October, and finally gave up on them. I also had two ecigars that did
not last long either. I have settled on the 901 for now because of the cheaper
att'y costs. If you want to try the epipe, Arlo ecig, Dallas Texas has them for
$47.00. I had paid $80.00 - $119.00 for mine. Makes me want to try one again.
NOT!
The Dap
:cool:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I started out with the DSE 601, since I had been a tobacco pipe smoker
before vaping. It is a wonderful machine when new. Clouds of vapor, great taste and stylish. But, the atomizer does not last long. I have purchased 6
since October, and finally gave up on them. I also had two ecigars that did
not last long either. I have settled on the 901 for now because of the cheaper
att'y costs. If you want to try the epipe, Arlo ecig, Dallas Texas has them for
$47.00. I had paid $80.00 - $119.00 for mine. Makes me want to try one again.
NOT!
The Dap
:cool:

I never had a problem with an atomizer on the 601 yet. I did bust one with vaping a VG soaked snus, and sent it out for repairs after, but it's been going strong for months for me. Are you dripping on the atty, or using carts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXfnZC9EEaY

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
I have had my 601 or a month or more and really like it. Real good build, great flavor, AWESOME vapor production Ect.....

A 601 for $49 ? Thats probably why they didnt last very long! I have an original DSE 601 and would recommend it to many. Just dont leave the battery in it if its not going to be used or awhile, I have a friend who`s 601 went into its famous "cleaning mode" all by itself and killed it.

Neon.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Just dont leave the battery in it if its not going to be used or awhile, I have a friend who`s 601 went into its famous "cleaning mode" all by itself and killed it.

Neon.

Ask your friend how that could have happened. It's a manual process for the cleaning mode.

Yeah I agree though not leaving the battery in.

epipe-stand.jpg

Best to leave it stored in a drainig position without the battery in.

Aloha, I've been vaping RN4081 (Njoy Npro) & DSE501 for over a year now. But constant refilling of the cart and changing of the battery made me very frustrated since i vape very often. I thought about the DSE601 pipe and bought it since it was available locally. Wow! this thing produces a tons of vapor and long battery life between charges. Only thing though, it loses the taste and it does not have a great throat hit although its there. So, I ordered the RN4062 Havana E-Cigar from Litecig. What a great device. Tons of vapor, great flavor & throat hit. Although the battery does not last like the pipe. The capacity is lot higher than the e-cig.

I work an 8 hour shift. With the e-cig, I was replacing the battery twice and refilling the cart about every 2 hours. With the E-Pipe I do not have to do anything during the shift and it needs a refill at night. The battery is still going strong. With the E-Cigar, battery will last me just about whole shift and maybe need to top off my cart once during the shift.

My primary device is the E-Cigar. I carry around my E-Pipe and I vape with it whenever I just want to vape for a long time like when I take a break. Hope this info helps you.... Aloha.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
Has anyone who started using an e-Cig switched to an e-Pipe? I have used several different models of e-cigs and now use the 601 e-pipe.

Do they have longer battery life? The 601 comes with two 900mAh batteries. Battery life depends on use. As a pretty heavy vaporer, I get any where from 4 to 8 hours of use from one battery. For me, a full cart will outlast the battery.
Are the carts different? Yes, they are different. First difference is the large capacity. Second, is the peg on the rear that allows the mouthpiece to hold the cart firmly against the vaporizer coil.

Any preferred models? I think I saw a nice looking black one called a Lady-Pipe. I like the look. So far, I prefer the 601. The big plus to me is it allows you to fill it with your preferred juice.

Any info to share, pipe smokers?
I have not tried the "Lady-Pipe". The ability to change atomizer is desirable vs the 601 needing a new bowl assembly (approx. $50). I have just recently received a new version of the G500 and will soon post my opinion of it. I have been using two of the 601's since early Dec. The first has just burned out and it was my fault from over use of the manual cleaning process. The second one is still going strong. The volume of vapor is great depending of course on the juice mix that is used. Taste of most juices is muted. Draw is very light. Parts and supplies are readily available. Fitting and appearance is very nice. Lots of information available in the model specific discussion area.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Agreed, the 601 section under model specific has lots of information. We've had some serious primers and best practices shared and I think all have learned alot.

I love my 601, and it's my primary at-home vape. I use an m401/2 when I'm out and about simply due to the size, but the 601 has got a great battery life and huge cartridges. With fill, I can get at least 2.5ml in there, and it's easy to do either by dripping and squeezing out the air bubbles with a paperclip or by injecting with a syringe under the polyfill.
Mixing my own juice, I think that VG based with PGA thinner and a fairly high flavoring content is best for the 601 pipe. The massive plumes of vapor force the sweet and tobacco notes to come through best in the flavor, the rest will remain aromatic.

As far as the cleaning cycle- 601's are purely manual clean (again, we've had some great cleaning discussions in the model specific 601 forum), so something else went wrong- probably excess juice leaking into the switch, or a strong magnetic field setting it off.
I had my pipe next to my camera case (with a magnetic closure) and that was enough to set it off. If you're worried about the switch, just do regular vodka/alcohol cleanings and drain it and you should be fine. Even the burn cycle is barely necessary.

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
Has anyone who started using an e-Cig switched to an e-Pipe?

Do they have longer battery life?

Are the carts different?

Any preferred models? I think I saw a nice looking black one called a Lady-Pipe. I like the look.

Any info to share, pipe smokers?
Every time I check them out, they are out of stock. Any one know if there are some available.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I have 2 Lady Pipes - 1 white, 1 black. I have had them for quite a while and still enjoy them. I alternate using them with my mods. The batteries last longer, but take forever to charge. One word of caution - do NOT put the batery in upside down! I read the posts here, but I was in a hurry one day and changed my battery quickly before running down to lunch. When I got to the cafe, I smelled 'it'. It was cooked! Had to order another bowl.

I am confused by BigJim's statement 'if the atty gives out you will have to order another bowl'?? Not sure what he meant by that.

I have had 3 ecigars. 2 from Puresmoker and 1 from Eastmall. Not a one of them lasted more than a day. The switch gets stuck and the thing goes 'molten lava'! - all by itself! Fortunately Eastmall stands by it's products and gave me credit. Other suppliers never heard of customer service. Personally, I wouldn't order another cigar from anyone.

techtony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Louisiana USA
I have 2 Lady Pipes - 1 white, 1 black. I have had them for quite a while and still enjoy them. I alternate using them with my mods. The batteries last longer, but take forever to charge. One word of caution - do NOT put the batery in upside down! I read the posts here, but I was in a hurry one day and changed my battery quickly before running down to lunch. When I got to the cafe, I smelled 'it'. It was cooked! Had to order another bowl.

I am confused by BigJim's statement 'if the atty gives out you will have to order another bowl'?? Not sure what he meant by that.

I have had 3 ecigars. 2 from Puresmoker and 1 from Eastmall. Not a one of them lasted more than a day. The switch gets stuck and the thing goes 'molten lava'! - all by itself! Fortunately Eastmall stands by it's products and gave me credit. Other suppliers never heard of customer service. Personally, I wouldn't order another cigar from anyone.

In the DSE601 the atomizer IS the bowl, if the atty burns out the whole bowl has to be replaced.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I believe BigJim is talking about the 601pipe. The atty is built into the bowl so a burned out atty means new bowl or rebuild.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have a manual Lady pipe (black) I got it because I heard the auto lady pipe had a bad habit of sticking. I found out the manual isn't a closed system..so I just use an adapter (801 to 901) and use cartomizers. I like it once in a while as it has a nice 'feel" to it. The batts are junk though and last about the same time as a 901 batt. They are also hard to find.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
Ask your friend how that could have happened. It's a manual process for the cleaning mode.

It may not have been the 'cleaning mode', but I just got my order from Eastmall and lost an atty within 24 hours. Here is the problem:

My first 601, when I set it down for 10 minutes, I never worried about it...hell, I could set it down for hours and not worry about it. The new one, if you set it on the desk, sometimes it would just come on...and stay on. if you picked it up and held it like you were going to use it, the light would go off. I put it down in my room while having dinner, and came back and the atty was cold and battery dead...so i swapped battery, atty cold...no joy.

While holding it in my hand, if you tilted it onto its side, the light would come on...

Glad I ordered two of them this last time, as I hated being without my 601.

Mockingbird

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
I started on a 510 with PCC.

My 6-months-with-no-tobacco present to myself was the micro e.pipe (aka mini pipe, aka lady pipe).

I chose it over the 601 because of the cheaper cost and I was wary of the unreplacable atomiser. I have not been disappointed.

In comparison to the 510, the battery is very good (I have 2 batteries - one lasts me all day, and I switch when I head to bed, so each morning I have 2 charged ones in case I have to stay out, and they get rotated). The 510 was only workable as an all-day thing because I had the PCC.

Vapour production is impressive and smooth. I find it easier to detect subtler flavours than with the 510, but it really uses a lot more juice. I think it is better suited to a thicker juice as well, but I haven;t really got a wide range for comparison.

The only places where it scores less than my 510+PCC are:
Portability - the PCC really can't be beat for security and (IMO) style.
Jokes - My friends LOVED it when they found out I bought something called a 'lady pipe'.

I get a lot of positive comments about the pipe, just as I did with the 510, and in my opinion the ability to look at someone over the pipe bowl, and then point at something with the stem is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread